Track bar bushing

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck in sig, D60 leaf spring, got the Moog bushing kit, K80034, for track bar, bushings are 4mm larger the track bar eye, is there something different about a C&C truck? or I got wrong kit, got from Rock Auto. Would like to use my track bar, big heavy forged bar, but guessing there is a different bushing kit, why a difference?

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked a few specs from different brands and they all come up as 1.3 or 1.29 OD for replacement bushings. I tried to measure the ID of the OEM track bar on my D60 and 1.3 does appear to be correct. My track bar still has the original bushings and I suspect they were the press-in type with a metal sleeve around the OD. I know when I replaced the bushings in my leaf spring shackles up front I had to use an air chisel to remove the metal sleeve from the original press-in bushings.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I pressed the old ones out, must be cab/chassis/4x4 got a different track bar, it's og about 100k (kind of an odd duck) on it now, either buy replacement bar or I can turn up some delrin/UHMW other plastic bushings

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK figured out bushing issue, old outer bushing was still in bar, rust had it become one and the same with bar, so new Moog poly bushing set fits fine, now this was a replacement spring and shock job on truck in sig., stock D60, new stock springs, shackles, now track bar is approx 3/8 short of aligning with bolt hole, have all the weight on front to decrease angle and help get it closer, but still not enough, what's the trick? going to get out the ***-along and try to pull some slack out of springs L to R, and or compress springs some more, installed Timbrens on it also but they are 2-3" from even touching springs yet, so they are not the problem.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be some diff. in new springs and shackles from original, spring studs to perch won't allow any more movement, remains of old bush showed it was strained the same way, tried a 3/4 ton puller, chained from knuckle to opp. spring... no help, most improvement was compressing spring, got it to about half a hole, read that they can be 3/4 inch out stock, why they make aftermarket track bars with adjustable ends,
I may cut my bar drill and tap cut ends and use threaded stud and nuts like a tie rod end

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pics,

You must be registered for see images attach

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
You may have to put the truck on its own weight for the holes to line up.

Edit: I have cut/sleeved/welded a trac bar before, to deal with lift. Unless your change suspension like underwear, no need for it to be adjustable.

Last edited:

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I installed my trackbar I had already been driving it so wheels were on and truck was parked level--trackbar bolted up perfectly with no fighting. I had also installed new front leafs at stock height and new poly bushings in front shackles.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, did the full weight thing first, then compressed spring with floor jack further, as stated earlier that got the most movement, half a hole off still, going to assume got one of the "bad" ones. Pulled the track bar mount off, no extra bolt clearance there, don't want to elongate those holes, think I'll mod the track bar, probably easiest/cheapest to replace.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
A new bar may be the exact same length. Measure carefully before you commit. Something has probably changed/shifted in your truck.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the description of how you said you tried to shift the axle with the come-a-long, I don't believe that will accomplish much. You need to pull from the knuckle area across to the opposite frame rail.

James

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes going to try that next, I went from dr knuckle to pass spring.
But there is only so much clearance in axle spring pin holes, and track bar mount to frame is a 1/32, so it must be in the new shackle sleeves and new spring pins.
Og pass side spring was tweaked a bit, leaned to pass side a bit maybe an inch, why we are changing the springs out, track bar bushes were shot also, track bar is 20 11/16 center to center, thinking I saw they should be/are 21?

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it, loosed frame track bar mount a bit and did come along again from a different angle, truck weight still on axle.