Tranny Oil

DMcV

Reaction score
I had my transmission fully serviced, 22 liters of fluid change.
They used a semi synthetic and I wondered if many other 7.3 people are using this type of fluid in their auto tranny's ?
Thanks

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I used Valvoloine Max life in a couple tired old E4od's with great sucsess. Actually, thats the only trans fluid I will use from now on.

DMcV

Reaction score
trackspeeder....... in your signature you mention '6.0 Charge cooler' is this your trasmission oil cooler ? I soon plan to change out my stock tranny cooler for a 6.0 cooler. I've read several posts and how too's. It looks like a pretty basic switch over, but there is a little time required. Do you have any sugestions or input regarding this upgrade?
Thanks in advance

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Conventional transmission fluid is only good for 30,000 miles in mechanically sound transmissions. So buy in bulk.

Javier

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
trackspeeder....... in your signature you mention '6.0 Charge cooler' is this your trasmission oil cooler ? I soon plan to change out my stock tranny cooler for a 6.0 cooler. I've read several posts and how too's. It looks like a pretty basic switch over, but there is a little time required. Do you have any sugestions or input regarding this upgrade?
Thanks in advance

Charge air cooler is what most people call an intercooler. :D

Someday I will change the tranny cooler over to a 6 oh unit. For now the temps read well so the V10 cooler will stay.

As said changing to a 6.0 tranny cooler is basic. You will need to change the line fittings from 1/2" to 3/8".

speedstick

Reaction score
M4OD transmission

Okay first off I want to thank you guys for helping me out of many situations. This site is the best I love you guys. So this is my first time posting I hope I'm on the right thread? So let's start with, I have a 1992 Super Duty IDI non turbo what I think is a 4 speed transmission with overdrive. my question to you guys is what type of transmission fluid do I put? also I'm getting a little grinding hard to put into reverse what could that be?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, yes your in the wrong forum, should be in the 6.9-7.3 IDI forum. A 92 Superduty is not a PSD.
It's hard to discern wether you have a manual or automatic transmission. A ZF5 manual is a 4 speed with 5th being overdrive. An E4OD is an automatic 4 speed with overdrive. You say a grinding noise when shifting into reverse, I take that as a manual tranny, I would say, the clutch is not disengageing all the way, your firewall could be cracked, it's common. Have someone push the clutch in while you look under the hood to see if it bends.
I don't mess with handshakers, can't tell you anything about the oil.

Anyhow, Welcome to the forums as a signed on member.

speedstick

Reaction score
Thanks old bull, yes then I have a zf5 thanks for verifying that for me, and i didn't know i was in Powerstroke, it hard not working from my desktop . This phone has a small screen

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't really matter much, this or that forum. But you get more answers in the right one. No big deal.