Thinking of another IDI

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
Thinking of buying another IDI as a parts truck and another one to run. The parts truck would be used to fix my 87 up since its so hard to find a new motor then i will rebuild the one i pull out. I like the power with the power strokes but they dont have the handling, the persinality, the toughness. Once the IDI is back on the road she will be used for work, The Power stroke will be a highway princes for the most part hopefully.

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an 80's f350 crew cab 4X4 in Rosamond CA that is for sale. I am not sure what the price is. My wife allready told me no. But it runs. The guy is still driving it. I would assume that it has a 6.9 in it. If you want I'll get the price and contact info.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just looked at your pics....I have matching sheetmetal here :rotflmao

Attachments

• _DSC00019.z12062.jpg
    _DSC00019.z12062.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 7
  • _DSC00024.z12133.jpg
    _DSC00024.z12133.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 7

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
budtoh3zo said:
Tow cat, thats in good shape still, Whats wrong with it?
outside of the fact that what's under the hood is a 460 gasser, nothing. It's an '87 fed smog truck. read....carbureted(sp) holley 4bbl 460, factory dual exh, no kitty and electronics. you will be lucky to get 7mpg on a good day. I had it ready for sale a few years ago and gas prices went through the roof and so did a market for an animal like this one. which kinda sucked, the sheetmetal was in good shape when I parked her. Silver paint don't like sun. :puke: But looking at your truck, you know that story already -cuss

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm parting the truck out. But you not only have shipping to worry about, you have customs taxes to worry about too. But here's a thing a friend of mime did for his Buick.....he drove down from vancouver for the week and swaped out the sheetmetal on his car. Yes, it was alot of gogogogo work and he didn't align all the panels up perfectly. But old Buick parts are not obtainable up in Canada, so the trip and work was worth it to him. Not to mention we didn't have to pay any duty for his parts :D

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
I know a couple people that have done that with lifts, go down there put it on then go 4x4 then come back with it muddy. I will have to keep that in mind if i cant find one to get parted out for a resanible cost