Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here you go.
I got it off for you

You must be registered for see images attach

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a Dana 50 then that is the only one I've ever seen or heard of in my 20 years wrenching on these trucks with 19 spline outer shafts.

Went outside and took my Dana 44 hub apart to show you that my spindle nuts are identical to yours and I remove them with the standard 4 prong socket from Napa.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only do you have 19 spline shafts, I'll bet you have 48 splines in the hub itself and a Dana 50 should have I think 55 splines.

Like suggested put a tape measure across the face of your lockout hub.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YOU HAVE A DANA 44

IT REQUIRES YOU TO PUSH IN HARD TO DISENGUAGE THE RATCHET LOCKING NUT IN ORDER TO RELEASE AND TURN.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If this is a mix match of parts, my question is, are you 100% sure your four wheel drive worked?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a Dana 50 TTB....... And like I said I have physically gotten the sockets and tried....... They did not fit......

3 things...

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Why do you beleive this to be a 50 not a 44. The evidence shown by you ...proper D50 spindle nut sockets do not physically fit.....small hub and 19 spline axle would indicate for all intents and purposes that this is a 44 NOT a 50 as you keep saying. The combined knowledge of the folks on this site would tend to indicate you have 44.

Why do you beleive it to be a 50?

Physically gotten correct sockets and did not fit.....

Those two points indicate that the axle in question is a 44 not a 50 then az well.

PHYSICAL Evidence to indicate axle is a 50 is non existant at this point...therefore it must be a 44 HD

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe This will help. A 116 post's and 11 days, unbelievable for a lock nut spanner wrench.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    991.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image0-001.jpg
    image0-001.jpg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
Except he has a DANA 44 outer spindle and axle and locknut Bill...not a 50
:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Except it is a 50, not a 44. The nut is 2.5" outside diameter. If it was a 44 it would be 2 3/8". If you truly knew these setups you would know the sizes. And if you weren't a troll you would have read that I already physically tried the 44 nut, and that it in fact was to small. Just because you think you know this setup does not mean you actually do

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except it is a 50, not a 44. The nut is 2.5" outside diameter. If it was a 44 it would be 2 3/8". If you truly knew these setups you would know the sizes. And if you weren't a troll you would have read that I already physically tried the 44 nut, and that it in fact was to small. Just because you think you know this setup does not mean you actually do

What PROOF can you offer to validate you do indeed have a 50

As I previously mentioned the proof put forward indicates a 44

Why do you not measure your hub as asked several times?

PROVE IT A 50 otherwise it is a 44.

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
What PROOF can you offer to validate you do indeed have a 50

As I previously mentioned the proof put forward indicates a 44

Why do you not measure your hub as asked several times?

PROVE IT A 50 otherwise it is a 44.

I already measured the spindle nut. It is 2.5". Pretty easy to understand. I actually said this on page 3 or such. And I can't measure the hub because I'm on the other side of North Carolina, where my truck is not. So yes, it is a 50 when the Dana 44 socket physically can not engage the nut inside the hub. Not sure what part of that is hard to understand.