Spindle Nut Socket Size?

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<Queues the X Files theme>

I guess the truth is out there... somewhere..

Would be been cool to see the socket. Definitely a valuable picture to anyone else having the same problem.

Glad yours is fixed though! Hope nothing breaks in the near future needing that socket to be used again. :)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed it. Got both sides done. Brakes are still squishy after bleeding them several times. I am going to have a shop use their machine to bleed them and get it right. Now to the socket. The socket that finally worked is some crazy 2 sided thing. The teeth were the right size and all, but I still had to dremel off the flashing and paint for it to work right. Of course the socket now stays with the truck.

So what had happened is someone put the old Dana 50 half-shaft stuff on the proper Dana 50 diff and axle tubes. So its all messed up, but it works. As of now I am going to start saving for a PSD.

Wow...
Very very

<°\\\\\><
<°\\\\\><

Story

Sounds like

:bs:bs:bs:bs:bs:bs-Lame-Lame-Lame-Playme

To me....cut mod a socket....do t get pics...cant prove nuthin...not a leg to sta d on...

Done with this :bs thread.

Pathetic

Kindazortafigureditwouldcometoaloadofbsand osubstantiationofstoryD44CW

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Ya, its gone. Someone else needed it, so I was able to work a return and they bought it. Since I wasn't able to meet them in person due to work.
Here's where I call :bs:bs
Assuming you got socket front the Big 3 no way they would take back a used/modified socket. and if a customer needed said socket they would order it(in most case it'll be in store by end of day)
your story is sounding more and more like you pulled it from your A*+

Me thinks this guy is Trolling
:bs:bs-Lame-Lame-Playme:idiot::idiot::urinate

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
Then what do you call it?
12 Pages of nonsense and still no pics of this "Special" Socket the story is sounding more and more like this guy is Trolling.

JM2CW

Nope not a troll. In fact I have a few threads on here going back a few years. You are the ones trolling. I fixed it after I slightly modded a socket, and now I dont have it anymore. It was raining so I didnt even think about pics. If any of you live in NC then come on by and see for yourself that its done. Otherwise I appreciate the help, but your childish trolling in uncalled for.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was a good post by Al in here someplace.other than that info,the rest isn't going to help anyone since this truck obviously has been hacked with an odd ball axle.it's good the op got it fixed but id just pull Al's info then put the rest in the round file since there is less than .00001% chance the rest will ever do anyone any good lol.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can say that my head hurts after reading this entire thread.

James

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! I read through this entire thread and what I came away with is this.... you guys on oil burners, past and present, are some of the most experienced, knowledgeable and helpful people that I've never met. Even with an obstinate, lying knucklehead there was genuinely good advice and perseverance put forth. For me personally, most of my experience is with motorcycles. I've owned my GMC for 24 years and do my own work on it, and have only had my Ford for the past few years, again, I do what I can mechanically to all my stuff. That's why when I post things, it's typically what I've done and I'm not offering advice. You guys know far more than me and I'm not going to argue that fact like this clown. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't toss out wise cracks when the opportunity presents itself. I'm thankful for you guys being here and taking time out of your day to help folks in need. :Thumbs Up
I need a nap after reading all that.

Black dawg

Reaction score
There was another good one some years ago, guy putting stans headers on, and was trying to put the dipstick tube in incorrectly.