Rear window seal

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of those electric rear windows in my crew cab, and its leaking like crazy. I cannot figure out where to get a new seal for it. Anybody lend me some insight and point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Austin

psychohawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just took one off a junkyard truck a few weeks ago and I'm pretty certain the rear window seal, i.e., seal between window and cab, is just a standard rear window rubber seal for your specific truck.

Unless yours is severely damaged, I doubt water ingress is coming from this seal; other areas for water are likely the felt seals or if the plastic frame is damaged.

As I recall, the custom plastic frame is molded to fit into the standard rear window seal and a custom window slides up/down into said custom plastic frame.

Also, I still need the motor for mine ... if you wouldn't mind, can you take a pic of the motor that drives the window? And advise if there's any identifying marks?

Thanks and good luck,
Carl

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the motor. Best i could do sorry. If you need any more pictures let me know. I'll have to tear into it more and inspect his weekend. Thanks for the info. Now i can atleast know where to start
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
most likely not the gasket leaking. it is the POS design of the powerwindow w no drains. it would be like haveing no drains in the bottom of your doors. Water is guaranteed to get in there but with nowhere for it to go except your floor-cuss

psychohawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most likely not the gasket leaking. it is the POS design of the powerwindow w no drains. it would be like haveing no drains in the bottom of your doors. Water is guaranteed to get in there but with nowhere for it to go except your floor-cuss

Um, correction ... there ~should~ be two drain tubes, one on each side that drain through holes in the floor.

dancrowley

danc01
Reaction score
rear window gasket

Austin, I bought a brand new C. L. Lawrence window like your talking about and the directions said to make sure that you use a gasket for a non sliding window because the gasket from a Ford sliding window has a wider slot that window fits in. L. M. C. has the gasket you need for about $40.00. Dan

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Austin, I bought a brand new C. L. Lawrence window like your talking about and the directions said to make sure that you use a gasket for a non sliding window because the gasket from a Ford sliding window has a wider slot that window fits in. L. M. C. has the gasket you need for about $40.00. Dan

You have a power slider or a FULL power window? MAjor difference

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. Really appreciate the help. Though i've been thinking it over, and i think that once we get close to painting it. I'm going to pull this whole kit out and put it up for auction. I like the idea of the window, but its just not for me. I'm not knocking the setup or anyone that has the setup, i just dont have a use for it and i'd like a solid rear window. I think that if i had a regular bed instead of a flatbed, it would be more usefull to me. So i'm going to be heading to the junkyard pretty soon to find a new rear window and i'll be ordering the rear seal form LMC. Maybe i'll even pick up that full ATS turbo kit at the junkyard while i'm there :sly

Thanks again
Austin

eatsgaskiksass

Reaction score
Roll down Rear window

Thanks for the tips guys. Really appreciate the help. Though i've been thinking it over, and i think that once we get close to painting it. I'm going to pull this whole kit out and put it up for auction. I like the idea of the window, but its just not for me. I'm not knocking the setup or anyone that has the setup, i just dont have a use for it and i'd like a solid rear window. I think that if i had a regular bed instead of a flatbed, it would be more usefull to me. So i'm going to be heading to the junkyard pretty soon to find a new rear window and i'll be ordering the rear seal form LMC. Maybe i'll even pick up that full ATS turbo kit at the junkyard while i'm there :sly

Thanks again
Austin

Is it up for SALE if anything let me know I'm highly interested in that roll down rear window? ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online