Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds right. I'd be surprised if a brick or OBS cab mount crossmember wouldn't go in there without a lot of problems. I'm sure the frame profiles are probably a little different. A set of custom body lift blocks (if needed) might be the fastest way to get the cab to set level.

Good luck man.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, also i probably wouldnt be surprised if the cab would literaly bolt right on with no custom blocks or anything. But ill know that for sure when i am able to take my truck down to the frame.
Friggin short sales are messing up my timing

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the front frame mounts are the same between your truck and the new frame. Guy on another forum put a 2005 cab on a 92-97 frame and the front mounts fit, but the rear he had to fabricate.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Tomorrow paintning underside of front axle. Well see , might have to go to grabd tapids after work.
them ******* are heavy. one tire took literaly 8 oz to balnce and another took 0.5 oz..well see how it rides in a couple months. That turbo eill definitly be necessary to turn these things.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just curious, but did you try spinning the tire on the rim to get it to balance out better?
And how were you balancing them?
I've heard of doing that, just never balanced my own tires. (Well I've used bb's, but that doesn't count lol)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount tire balanced em.

My god i just remebered..they balanced my lexus winter wheels and forst time i hit the road the shook so hard i thought a control arm was loose! I feel i will be making a trip back there soon..
Cause 8oz is Faacked. Seeing as one took .5, but other took 2, and other 3.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Basically what I heard was, if you have over a few ounces in one spot, take it back and make them redo it.
I thought I recalled a few people here having problems with discount tire, but can't say for sure, and like everything will vary by location.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mark tyre on rim, spin 90 or 180 and see if it changes how balances, also can test rim trueness too.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new leaf springs hardware and u bolts ordered. Roller by mid next week! then i can order new stainless steel brake lines, going 3/8 feed and return fuel line (would like one with a braided exterior but havent found one thats not a million dollars a foot).

Still searching for a used detroit locker for the rear. Just cannot find one. This leads me to believe that people that have em LOVE em and dont want to part with them. I priced a true trac for the front..gulp-650 bucks!

im going to do the lockers, new u joints and all bearings in both front and rear diffs before NEXT winter. Run what I got for now. Dont wanna shell another 2k on drivetrian stuff. Going to measure and start planning what size yokes and u joints I need. Woould like to go all 1350 for increased strength but well see what the cost is., hmm seems about 20 bucks a pop from summit, maybe dynotech here in MI can get me a disacount on new shafts with 1350 yokes for my Tcase and companion flange for the rear as my work gets alot of shafts built thru them. Planning about 500 on all ne wshafts joints etc.
I got a brand new 2 piece shaft from a dodge 3500 cab chassis. Havent done any measurement son it but maybe i can rob the u joints and hanger bearing from it.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm..dangerous to be showing me that link right now lol.
no a member here has sent me a pair, bless him. ordered up spme new u bolts so just waiting on the rear end goodies. Front should be bolted up tomorrow.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
riot can you ask him for his email please? If i can get it for a great price i might just buy it now. Im still searching if it will work with 05+ stuff as almos teverythgin changed then.

aha, upon some quick searhcing, 10.25 to 10.5 diffs will work up to 07 and older.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 gallons of Metal shield have been ordered for $160 shipped. Hope this is good stuff for rust, sound and heat!

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The rear spring to frame bolts i purchased , the shoukder of the bolt is about 1/2" shoter than the baprif bushig sleeve, so part of the frame bracket rests on the threaded part of the bolt. This seems like the boltshoukdwr is too short and would result in a damaged bolt?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM'd the guy just moments ago so if he responds that it's available and provides an email I'll PM you back.

Best is to ensure that the shoulder on the bolt is correct length when you can BTW.

Coming along nicely I must say!

Waiting on the Metal Shield to find out what yer thoughts are.