Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably but yours is still 2wd so id still have to do the conversion, gut the interior, do all new wiring anyhow etc etc.
I am goiung to build this cab and all thing sthru the firewall to be easily removable, because man..working on the engine with the cab and fenders off is a BREEZE.
I mean i hope to not have to touch the engine for at least another 5 years but hey..

the crane will stay outside, so all u have to do iis pull a few things and cab is off within a couple hours.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am goiung to build this cab and all thing sthru the firewall to be easily removable, because man..working on the engine with the cab and fenders off is a BREEZE.

How many times have people asked rad support or just hood to pull the engine....and I always say...CLIP....just for that reason...

Another convert...love it...

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup the couple hours you spend pulling the clip will save you at least 2 hours in workin pon the engine not to mention you will stay cleaner, and keep your cool!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg; this is how I worked on the 92 when I put the new engine in, only has 75K on the engine and 129+K on the body, is a S. Carolina truck rust free.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
instead of dicking with trying to fit the frame into the old rocker channel rtc im cutting the entire floor out. everything lower than whwre a b c pillars meet the rocker and half of the lower forewall that ties in with cab mounts.
i got all my critical dimensions, so just gunna lay the old floor flat, amd make my new frame from the c channel in the same general shape as old one for the seat height.

There wont be any rust left on this cab since all the cancer will be cut out!
now-i might be kidding myself, but i see myself prepping for paint by next monday. ..

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys-most critical question for the build...

do i paint my driveshafts black, or cat yellow like my enine, trans and driveshaft?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks to laserjock, he provided me measurements for the slots in the idi cross member. Seems my 06 member has same distance lower slots but the upper slots are almost 5" wider. Dunno what Ill do yet, need to test fit the engine to see exacytly whats up. Conveneinetly, i just ran out of oxygen in my torches..annnnd I dont have a truck. Great. I think im going to squeeze it in the back seat of my lexus for a refill.

just bougth headstuds, 485$ down de drain :(

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for anyone that made their own engine mounts, what medium did you use for the isolators? Im assuming poly-but which part number would be good for this?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

I'd ask for a picture to get the color match from but I'm afraid I'd get my priviledges revoked. ;Really

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive actiually seen driveshafts in that pale pink colour lol

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hullo!
You must be registered for see images attach

i used to have a cab.

typical me..i underestimate dht elength sof the 1" C channel..oii got 4 8' peices. Now thats fine for the outer straight sections buuut, there are alot of bends. should agot 10 ft peices..doh!
now going to pick up 6 4ft sections so i can fit em in the rear footwell of me lexus,

man this is gunna be a hell of a job. Going to get started on the new floor today...well see how that goes. Will definitl be a simpler shape than the old floor. Got an angle finder to get a rough idea of the side profile for the seat area. Just oging to build the outer perimiter at the moment, mock it up under the cab and on the new frame.

Last edited:

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828