Project NEW TOW RIG

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Got a few updates but no pics, I finally moved into the new house a few weeks ago so things got slow. But I did get a 89 f350 4x4 dump truck for 500 bucks to grab suspension and axles out of. Got that truck torn down. For now the 460 will be staying in the truck until I get the diesel rebuilt.I picked up with that dump truck a 460 5speed set up that will be going in. the rear suspension I have changed around and will be running a full air ride suspension off a 2015 school bus. The front suspension will be newer superduty leafs with a pmf rsk installed. I got the red truck town down and shipped off to the salvage yard after selling every bit I could. The black one is in the shop now getting the 5 speed/tcase installed. Then I will start on the front suspension. Will get some pics uploaded this weekend I hope.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Still no darn computer, but lots of things are happening.... I am taking plenty of pictures, will post them up as soon as I get this computer straightened out.... But a quick teaser
You must be registered for see images attach

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking Good!;Sweet I do love a 2wd to 4wd swap.

What super duty springs are those? I've got super duty springs, but mine look different. I don't remember what codes I bought.

You got the f350 4x4 pitman arm to put on while you do the swap? Who's reversal kit did you buy?

-Jeremy

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Pmf kit, modified to fit my older frame. Yes I got the pitman arm too. Ain't my first swap, done 4 so far now. Lol

They are the 2100lb rated v codes

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahem....

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Not using them. The rear is actually 6-7 inches lower than the front right now. I will be starting on the rear suspension this week. Got good plans for it, hope I can make them work.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score

This is the rear suspension I will be grafting into my truck. In the pic the axle is hanging, normally the piece that goes from front mount to air bag is horizontal at ride height. Now this is off a 2015 IC 72 passenger school bus. Everything is massive and overkill for a one Tom truck, but I measured it out and will be able to use it, only downside will be I have to do a spring under to get the height I want.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You running the sterling axle or the school bus axle? Looks like a cool suspension.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
94 sterling from my red dually
Better pic

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is awesome! so basicaly you jsut weld on a new perch on the bottom of your sterling axle and bolt up the bus springs to that, make a little bracket on the frame for the bags and you are good to go?

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Well sorta. Plumb in level valve, air tank and compressor, wire compressor. Lol but yes that's the gist of it

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there like a pan hard bar on that setup? Seems almost like a bagged trailing arm system.