Project NEW TOW RIG

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
that's ugly right now. needs new door panels, carpet is shot, drivers seat shot, dash cracked up. got plans for all that. lol

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
obviously if you look in the background, they came off my 94. lol it looks so sad with steel wheels

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

surprisingly clean on the inside.

You must be registered for see images

hei style dizzy installed. runs much better now. atleast it will run good till the diesel gets installed.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
What was wrong with the Duraspark? I hate electronics and computers but I can honestly say I trust Duraspark II. They just work, underwater even. Really the only electronics I'll trust on a daily driver. Granted I did have one failure about a year or two ago. Duraspark box failed, though it was shortly after giving a friend a jump and he hooked cables backwards so that may have contributed. Don't know, but being the only electronic magic my truck required I had spares. Unfortunately not with me but it was an adventure hitchhiking back home with a gypsy, grabbing a spare Duraspark box, and riding my bike back to the truck (with ramps!). Ah, memories...

That engine does look pretty clean inside. If PA does not subject you to emissions nonsense you can get ridiculous torque out of 460s for cheap.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
the dizzy was broken, and I wanted to make it one wire since it will be getting swaped into another truck once pulled. I have had many of them boxes fail. 6 and 8 cyls.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the other way. looks better on the black one. but still not right on my truck. lol

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I like the ones that came on the black truck. I read somewhere you're keeping them.....good call if that holds true.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I cant believe the red truck had so much rust. It looked so clean when you got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online