Project Big Red

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Dude in all seriousness. If these projects don't take twice as long and cost twice as much as what you planned, then you aren't doing it right. Haha.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be right on track then. LOL LOL

Now to convince my wife of that....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude in all seriousness. If these projects don't take twice as long and cost twice as much as what you planned, then you aren't doing it right. Haha.

i always get a chuckle at Greg's thread when it gets updated and i see the "realistic budget"

realistically we all need to rob a bank together to get our trucks the way we want them.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i always get a chuckle at Greg's thread when it gets updated and i see the "realistic budget"

realistically we all need to rob a bank together to get our trucks the way we want them.
Still...cheaper than 700 monthly payme ts for 72 months....still easier to work on....still more fun working on our trucks and building them than working to pay for a 60k truck...

Just sayin...easier to build it how you want it than build a clone of all the other stacked or fart can tail piped rigs out there

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a lot of the motivation for this project. Doing it this way I can turn it off or delay buying stuff if I want. Not so much with truck payments.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

My project wasn't nearly as "in depth" as yours and I often questioned myself (what the heck are you doing)! In the end it was worth it! I always tried to do something each day, no matter how simple. You'll get there and when you're done, the rest of us can be jealous.... Keep sluggin away!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My project wasn't nearly as "in depth" as yours and I often questioned myself (what the heck are you doing)! In the end it was worth it! I always tried to do something each day, no matter how simple. You'll get there and when you're done, the rest of us can be jealous.... Keep sluggin away!

Good attitude...nice ride

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. His truck is beautiful. This is why I come here. You guys are great motivators.

I think the next thing is going to be firewall so I can do brakes and steering.

Stay tuned!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, little did I know that it would be 70 F in the middle of December. Had I known I would have had things ready to paint. Could have got the primer on anyway...

Well, did make a little progress today. Backed her out and pressure washed the fire wall. After a good scrubbing it looked pretty good.

Little clean up around the steering shaft hole.

Little primer.

And some black enamel.

Looks pretty good.

Now maybe I can get some more stuff together.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! That's a big step cause now a lot of the front end can get put on.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I figure. I shouldn't run out of stuff to do now. I think brakes and steering will be next. Got to find the screws I've misplaced now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online