Project Big Red

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, got the firewall plate fit and dry installed. After looking for the better part of 2 hrs for the screws, I found them... In the cab...with the rest of the steering column. [emoji35]

It fits perfect.

You must be registered for see images attach

No adjustment needed.

By the way, you can drill the holes in the cowl from the outside pretty easy.

Need to do a little work to it. A couple washers will deal with the hack job for the clutch master.

I went and pulled the pedals off the shelf. Much to my irritation, the pedal box I was going to use that I got with the hydroboost is cracked.

If you look it's cracked around the hole in the upper right. Looks like it's trying on the lower right hole. The clutch rod is a little worn too.

So I went and pulled my pedal box off the shelf. It looks a lot better.

I'm guessing this is the vacuum dump for the cruise?

I don't remember anything being hooked to it when I tore it down but it had been molested so who knows.

I'll tear it down and paint it up. Maybe some fresh bushings.

Not setting the world on fire but it's progress.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an aside, I'm trying to decide what to paint the floor with. I think I'm going to bedliner it like Greg did. I really want something catalyzed though. The herculiner is not. Monstaliner is as is raptor liner. Monstaliner can be rolled but the raptor is spray on. I don't want to have to mask the dash off to coat it but it may be worth that hassle and I'll have the hardware to do the bed.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Have you sprayed the raptor liner before? I haven't, but was thinking of doing my bed with it, as a DIY deal. Trying to decide if I should go that route or just bring it to someone...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not but I figure if I can spray paint I ought to be able to spray it. It's bedliner not clear coat. Besides, if I practice on the cab floor which will have carpet over it, I ought to be able to do okay. It's like $114 for a kit with gun from Amazon. I don't know what linex costs but I'm sure it's more than that. You just scuff it, wipe it down and shoot it. Dunno. I don't want the non-catalyzed stuff. So it seems it's raptor liner or monstaliner which can be rolled or sprayed on.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did raptor liner on my bumpers and running boards. I started with bare metal and epoxy primed it and then sprayed the liner. It sprays thick like frosting. It will run and sag if you spray too heavy, but it's not bad.

I still need to line my box. Truthfully I'd run 180 grit sand paper on the current finish then bedline it. Make sure it's got a good bite. Also if you have any bare metal make sure to prime that.

I completely agree about not using non-catalyzed product. I'm not a fan unless it gets hardened. I want a chemical reaction.

I empathize on finding parts. I know I have a good set of pedal covers, but haven't found them in 6 months. I ordered a set from Rockauto. I also was damn near ready to call the cops once because id spent hours looking for my freshly rebuilt turbo over multiple days and finally found it. I'd turned the shop upside down 3-4 times. How the hell do you loose a turbo!

Jeremy

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Do your self a favor since you have it all apart and use a bolt and a heim joint on that clutch master rod. It will be way smoother and last longer.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you sprayed the raptor liner before? I haven't, but was thinking of doing my bed with it, as a DIY deal. Trying to decide if I should go that route or just bring it to someone...

I have not but I figure if I can spray paint I ought to be able to spray it. It's bedliner not clear coat. Besides, if I practice on the cab floor which will have carpet over it, I ought to be able to do okay. It's like $114 for a kit with gun from Amazon. I don't know what linex costs but I'm sure it's more than that. You just scuff it, wipe it down and shoot it. Dunno. I don't want the non-catalyzed stuff. So it seems it's raptor liner or monstaliner which can be rolled or sprayed on.

easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Salsco Wood Chipper With Raptor Tintable Bed Liner

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas guys! I'll go look up the heim joint mod. Anybody got the PN for the bushing kit while I have it apart? Seems silly to not change the bushings.

I ordered up a fresh master cylinder for the clutch. A nice metal unit from Valeo. It actually has a different type of end on it according to the pictures. We shall see when it gets here. I'd like to change out the plastic line to something a little tougher since it runs so close to the manifold but we will see if I can figure out what fittings it will take. I will probably go ahead and get a fresh slave too while I'm at it. The Raptor liner looks like a go to me. I picked up a coolant filter head the other day. It's sitting in the mail box I believe. I'm planning a manifold to plumb it and the turbo water lines in so stay tuned for that. Amazon is loving me this month... holy crap....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Track down a SUPER DUTY clutch line its rigid steel tubing with a stainless flex end...just sayin

Nope NOT for sale...HAVE 2 SD lines in stock ;Sweet:backoff

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rock auto lists a Dorman replacement that looks to be steel with stainless flex like you speak of... what are the fittings like on the end? It said quick connect. Are they not threaded for a fitting? I just didn't take mine apart to see.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's the same on the line.
There's even adapters to make your own line.
They actually started using those with the powerstroke.
I didn't know if there was a difference on the bushings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lines I've had apart slipped together then had a roll pin in them to hold it all together.

I just put in the master and slave dorman Kit when I blew my original plastic clutch line.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online