Owners of ATS prove to be low life Rats

Albin

Reaction score
No one has posted the response from ATS yet?

This letter, according to ATS, was a letter drafted by their attorney, sent to Clint, who subsequently rejected it. The private e-mail was then hacked out of his e-mail server and put up on the internet. If this is true, several laws were broken in acquiring and then publicizing this letter, never mind the civil liability due to ATS losing business over it.

Their post is over at the TDG, PSN et al in any event.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YOU ARE SO RIGHT CHIPS ARE FOR DIPSLOL But when he first handed me the pile of papers and I looked at it I was SHAKING IN MY BOOTS for a while but after I had read it all i was releived and thankful I never went to to darkside and did a powerstroke conversion now I just have a healthy grin as i think of all those moded late model diesels out their :rotflmao

yall need to leave the dark ages.with a chip and the right program on it we can turn our trucks down to BELOW stock.i have that program specificaly for emissions.my truck wont put out a bit of smoke in that program :D .then after i just turn it back up as the inspection station i use loves to see a dually burnout in thier driveway.;Sweet

but any emissions ******** from cali usually makes its apperance in MA first.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one has posted the response from ATS yet?

This letter, according to ATS, was a letter drafted by their attorney, sent to Clint, who subsequently rejected it. The private e-mail was then hacked out of his e-mail server and put up on the internet. If this is true, several laws were broken in acquiring and then publicizing this letter, never mind the civil liability due to ATS losing business over it.

Their post is over at the TDG, PSN et al in any event.

well considering thier customer servic and parts quality i dont expect to see a response from such scumbags.just another reason i will never buy or recomend ats products!-cuss

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting post. First off, I don't believe the ATS letter. ATS has PLENTY of off-road only products as well. For them to "tattle-tale" on the competition would only make the EPA look closer at them as well. I believe it is a hoax.
As for the emission testing on the computer controlled trucks.....The 1996 model year starting point is not accurate. Only Cali trucks (which had different PCM's that monitored GP's and other stuff that the 49 state programming did not do) are OBD-II compliant. ALL 97 and older PSD's are OBD-II EXEMPT...it is on the friggin valve cover. California has different OBD-II regulation in that it starts at a different GVWR, and many other differences from the FED regulation.
As for being able to tell if you had a chip at one time or another.....yes and no. The 94-97 PSD's will generate a code, BUT it can be cleared and after a few drive cycles there is no trace of any code. Trust me on this, I have done my research and I am an IDI and PSD owner. Besides, if you bought a truck used and the previous owner had a chip and removed it before you bought it, then how would you get a ticket for something you did not do with a part that isn't there anymore anyway! As much as I like the IDI's at least with my PSD I can switch my chip to a lower power setting and not blow any smoke when I don't want/need:D to. Also, SEVERAL of the chips, programmers, etc. are CARB approved. You are not going to get a ticket for having a chip if it is a CARB approved product with and EO number. The problem with the internet and forums is that too many people think they are experts and take hear-say information and post it as fact. The state government has the same problem....several states were trying to OBD-II test 97 PSD's and they were ALL failing. The state didn't understand it's own testing procedure that clearly stated that 8501 GVWR and up only got tailpipe testing because they are not OBD-II compliant (and OBD-II port under the dash does not make it compliant...contrary to many)
Rant off,
Jerry

Last edited:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
The problem with the internet and forums is that too many people think they are experts and take hear-say information and post it as fact. Rant off, Jerry

Oh, that NEVER happens!:rotflmao :D

One definately has to be smart enough to be able to sift through to piles and piles of crap that get posted on every forum.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Not all DPF's have an injector downwind, Cummins injects fuel on the exhaust stroke with the engine injectors to heat the DPF up....We have seen very little issues with the DPF's so far other than a decrease in fuel mileage for all makes.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well considering thier customer servic and parts quality i dont expect to see a response from such scumbags.just another reason i will never buy or recomend ats products!-cuss

Yah, I think you just quoted their response - letter was proposed by the lawyer (typical), owner rejected it, someone hacked and stole it and posted it on the net, probably to get just that sort of response. Interesting if ATS is on teh stock market, and if said thief just sold all of their shares...

tknomaj

Reaction score
The paper work I read was a proposal in front of the california air resources board and it does not apply to other states it is just what the WACKO'S in THIS STATE are trying to make law thats all

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
All Im saying is they are getting smarter about it. I agree that a chip is a great thing for the power and/or fuel economy of a truck. that being said to achieve this goal is to modify the stock settings the truck came with. that is exactly what these f*^&heads dont want us to do. They want every damn vehicle on the road powered by batteries and zero emissions (only to realize everyones electric bill goes up 10x and no one can afford it!). Carb is a hard won battle from those of us on this side of the fence that allows some components to be installed in a vehicle and still "meet" emissions. the trouble is that if more than one of these components are installed they can cancel each other. Also yes there are chips that allow for one tune to pass emissions, one for fuel economy, one for stock and one for all out power. some of these may even have carb exemption, but only IN THE PASS OR STOCK SETTING. if your tooling down the street in you big money cummins rolling coal and you get tagged by the green freaks your gonna get some big fines and they can impound your vehicle.

these laws are lax at the moment but they are getting worse. We may not see the day that we have to modify our trucks, but if they mess with the fuel much more they wont run on it anyway.

Yeah their are some that dont know what the hell they are talking about and their are others that pay attention and live "automotive" day in and day out.

pay attention to your local regulations and see if they dont get tighter in the next few years.

I dont have a problem with clean air, I do have a problem with taking away peoples livelyhoods and messing with lives to do it. We all have a right to clean air, but I kinda wonder how much of the info we get to scare us towards "cleaner living" is smoke up our ***** to get us to spend more on things we dont need.

Punk,
aka rougue mechanic (rouges do it in the dark) lol

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
IMO, Just the fact that the letter was written is damning.

It shows intent by someone at ATS. There must have been some discussion between Clint and His lawyer to induce the lawyer to even draft the letter.

I'd still like to know what occurred at SEMA.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The paper work I read was a proposal in front of the california air resources board and it does not apply to other states it is just what the WACKO'S in THIS STATE are trying to make law thats all

what happens in your state comes to my state within 6 months

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My point is that California has APPROVED many aftermarket diesel power-adders. I doubt they are going to revoke approvals they already gave. That being said, law makers are not very "technically informed" and base proposed laws from lobbyists, etc. so it is possible that many of their proposed laws will be modified to a lesser degree. But I agree, they won't be happy until there are no cars, trucks, etc. They will probably try to tax farting (I'll be broke!:D
Jerry

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would install one on my truck but.... They better work.... They better not wear out in a short time.... They better not cause excess heat in my motor and my fuel mileage better go up... Now I'm all in for this... I remember seeing a Utube viedo about an o6 "flame thrower exhaust. From what I know of, this system requires a cylinder to be flooded with fuel and the extra passing thru the exhaust is burning off the particulate matter and soot on the PM filter. Thats how they self clean by the cpu running this cycle at preset times.... Sounds like anothr bandaid idea again... can't say for sure if this is what is really going on or not. Anybody know something....

That was an 08 Ford 6.4 that did that, was some faulty programing.

Anyways, DPF's are like $1200 because they have rare metals in them. I aint paying that much. Plus there is no way for us to make our trucks go into regen.