Oil cooler

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are most of you buying your oilcooler rebuild kits? I see prices differ an was wondering on quality as well?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
as far as the o-rings and gaskets go i got my stuff from rock auto.Victor Reinz o-rings, and fel-pro block to cooler gaskets...i wanna say everything was under $20 shipped to my door.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did rockauto also. Victor for the orings and fel pro for the gaskets.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. Ford I have discount an it's still expinsive. Eric an junk rockauto sounds the cheapest an eastiest no drive to get em either all go with those.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, been around navy engineering speak too long.... What I meant was that I've got a homemade set of adapter plates to pressurize and leak test the cooler after replacing the o-rings.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John my phone got smashed that day trying to fix the lights lil critters chewed wires under trailer hours later. Pm me your number please. I would like to use it an you can see the turbo kit I got. I think the vr's will do the motors comin out in another 50-75k anyways.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, been around navy engineering speak too long.... What I meant was that I've got a homemade set of adapter plates to pressurize and leak test the cooler after replacing the o-rings.

I thought I'd canceled that post. Hit me what you where referring too after I asked the question. Sorry about that.

Been taking forever to load the posts for some reason.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries. I reread it and realized I'm not at all clear about who I was talking to or what about.... so good point.