OFFICIAL Red Head Steering Box Group Buy Thread

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Ford used lots of rag joints in their rwd vehicles. The u joint was more of a chevy thing. Doge I could not say, I stay away from those pos as much as possible. Why, because it's a better idea?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM trucks in the 73-87 range used rag joints too. Look a lot like the ford.

Thinking on it some of the cars did too.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok I just ordered my box, im going to check my e mail to see the total price but I think he said $502. $290 for the box $120 for the core and $70 for shipping that = $480 so maybe some tax or something. he said my truck should have the 36 spline but I counted 32 so hopefully its the right one.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
ok I just ordered my box, im going to check my e mail to see the total price but I think he said $502. $290 for the box $120 for the core and $70 for shipping that = $480 so maybe some tax or something. he said my truck should have the 36 spline but I counted 32 so hopefully its the right one.

Hmm that doesn't sound right on the pricing. Better check on that

I just told them I've got a 1994 F250 and went from there, didn't count splines or anything. Their site only mentions one box for '80-'97 anyhow.

Last edited:

jhenegh

Reaction score
UPDATE

As of 6:30 PM Eastern time, We have hit 10 orders in the group buy! So that's $20 off per box

If we get lucky enough for 6 more poeple to order, that will be $30 off per box

Last edited:

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of 6:30 PM Eastern time, We have hit 10 orders in the group buy! So that's $20 off per box

If we get lucky enough for 6 more poeple to order, that will be $30 off per box

I still have not placed my order but will be doing so tomorrow. Do you know their times they are open.

By the way, I've been trying to spread the word around again today on various forums so maybe it will help.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm that doesn't sound right on the pricing. Better check on that

I just told them I've got a 1994 F250 and went from there, didn't count splines or anything. Their site only mentions one box for '80-'97 anyhow.

I haven't gotten the invoice yet, what price sounds off? I thought it seemed kind of high myself.
Do you know what spline box in on line.

jhenegh

Reaction score
Got mine ordered. Was a bit more expensive than i was expecting at first. I guess im used to free shipping with amazon and ebay. Was $70 for shipping. Ended up being around $450 total. The gear for the E350 was 2757, if im remembering what she said correctly.
I haven't gotten the invoice yet, what price sounds off? I thought it seemed kind of high myself.

Box should not have been more than $266, core of $100, and $70 round trip shipping if you went with that option.

They have been VERY good at emailing me back and forth while I've set this up. [email protected] [email protected] I am a younger guy, but I still put a lot of faith in phone calls, and am worried when I see peers that are afraid of dialing 10 digits and actually talking. With that said, emails get everything in writing and give a great reference for conversations. Red Head ain't gonna remember who Joe Schmuck is when he calls in with questions on multiple occasions. BUT, if you've got an email conversation, it's all right there.

I'd email them and ask for the invoice to be sent if you haven't already gotten it. I did that this afternoon and got mine a few minutes later. They said it hadn't gone out for some reason.

Do you know their times they are open.

I just assume 8-5 Pacific time. They're based in the Seattle, WA area

Last edited:

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I belive the voice mail message I got said 8-4:30 and no time zone so I assume thats pacific time.

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add one more. Hopefully we'll get one more today.