OFFICIAL Red Head Steering Box Group Buy Thread

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Just saw this. I'm in as long as i know which one to get for the van! Also, sure is a friggin pain to remove... Last time i did it, i wished it was the last time. But its got slop and leaks, so yeah, i'm in.

I'm sure they can get you sorted out. It looked like idi_econoline had the box for his van figured out

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
What do you fear will not work?
It Don't have a lot of play, I adjusted it out, But it still steers horribly. I did all ball joints and tie rods and it did not change much, so this is the last thing to change. Rag joint looks good but I will put a new one in when I do the box. Any suggestions on were to get or not to get rag joint?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still in, my box is leaking really bad and making a mess on the truck. I have a lot of driving to do this summer so I want it all to be good.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool, I guess we will be able to get $20 off the total price. just out of curiosity are these the best reman boxes for our trucks.

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool, I guess we will be able to get $20 off the total price. just out of curiosity are these the best reman boxes for our trucks.

From what I've gathered, they are. I've never had one, but just reading about their remanufacture process and what others say about them, they are the best reman.

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It Don't have a lot of play, I adjusted it out, But it still steers horribly. I did all ball joints and tie rods and it did not change much, so this is the last thing to change. Rag joint looks good but I will put a new one in when I do the box. Any suggestions on were to get or not to get rag joint?

I've heard Borgeson is good, but they are $$$$$.

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just called Red Head and talked to Steve and he didn't know anything about a group buy
@jhenegh Is there a specific person we are supposed to speak with? I have not called yet, but it's not good if they are not communicating or not honoring. Looking forward to hearing what the deal is with them. Thanks

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
I sent a quick email at 12:25PM Eastern and got comfirmation around 1:00PM that were are good to go. Steve had the date confused. (must not have finished his coffee yet :dunnoLOL) WE'RE GOOD.

3:30PM Eastern:
I just called myself and placed my order at (800) 808-1148. I talked to Steve myself, he was with it and said he'd taken a couple-three orders for the Oilburners group. WE'RE GOOD TO GO.

I simply called in and said I was with Oilburners and it went fine from there. Usual phone order ;Sweet

Once I get confirmation email etc I'll update. Steve said it would ship out today.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Just ordered mine all went well. Everyone that ordered one should post here so we can figure our discount.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
It looked like idi_econoline had the box for his van figured out

Not quite guys. Got sick with flu/ear infectionS for almost 2 weeks... didn't get under mine, as it could be one of two similar units.

Harvey sent me a diagram, as it's either 32 or 36 splines on the sector (output) shaft.

Urrrggghhh, that tough to wrestle out, eh? That's a formula for procrastination, right there. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online