Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I would love to go... But its a 1670mi drive just to get there one way.

Yeah, me to but 1600 miles is a bit to far. It would be cool to have a northwest rally, but I am not good at planning/organizing events. It's a hassle for me to plan the 1-2 camping trips I do each year. :dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can make it guys.:D Gary (icanfixall) drove from Southern California to Bowling Green, KY this last July for the Rally. He did it solo, but you guys could convoy together. If I'm not mistaken, this is the furthest West the Rally has been.

Heath

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
I would love to go... But its a 1670mi drive just to get there one way.

it's one hell of a get together ;Sweet

Yeah, me to but 1600 miles is a bit to far.

did i mention there is gonna be a pig roast :sly

You can make it guys.:D Gary (icanfixall) drove from Southern California to Bowling Green, KY this last July for the Rally. He did it solo, but you guys could convoy together. If I'm not mistaken, this is the furthest West the Rally has been.

Heath

thanks for the support :D.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
I am sorry to inform the community that I will not be attending this years IDI Rally. Unfortunately it is being held in a state that does not respect my 2nd Amendment rights, so I will not be there. Going to have to hold it in a lil more firearm friendly state for me to show up.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
I am sorry to inform the community that I will not be attending this years IDI Rally. Unfortunately it is being held in a state that does not respect my 2nd Amendment rights, so I will not be there. Going to have to hold it in a lil more firearm friendly state for me to show up.

:dunno why? :dunno . just don't CC or OC and no harm no foul. there not illegal save for class three, have to be a manufacturer for that. oh and just so you know there is a pending court case due on the docket early next year to challenge the unconstitutional hand gun ban in cook county(the only place where there currently is a ban) based on the ruling in dc that overturned their ban. there is also a vote for CC on the 2010 referendum in illinois. trust me were working on it. i do hope you change your mind.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll carry on the way up and back, just not in Ill. I guess.;Sweet The NRA is working on it, and like Chris said, it may not be an issue by July.

Heath

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
:dunno why? :dunno . just don't CC or OC and no harm no foul. there not illegal save for class three, have to be a manufacturer for that. oh and just so you know there is a pending court case due on the docket early next year to challenge the unconstitutional hand gun ban in cook county(the only place where there currently is a ban) based on the ruling in dc that overturned their ban. there is also a vote for CC on the 2010 referendum in illinois. trust me were working on it. i do hope you change your mind.

IL does not honor my permit, and I tend to carry a firearm about anywhere I go. I also tend not go anywhere I can't carry. Also the fact that I doubt my truck would make it, and the cost to fix the truck outweighs the value of the truck so I'm going to build another truck. But to do that, i need to get me a car.

I don't want to hijack this thread so, if you want to discuss this more PM me and we'll make a thread in the general discussion or something like that.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I'm supposed to visit the in-laws in Ohio during July and I absolutely hate flying....

Lewiston to IL to OH and back = over 5k miles. 5k miles / 15mpg = 333 gallons. 333gal x ~$2.80 per gallon = ;Really.... wait... :eek:....-cuss

We need a rally out West! :sly

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not a big deal. Last year was 1600 miles round trip times 3. I don't want to hear any complaining about fuel cost. ;Really

:D

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chicago.. that's pretty close to me, I'm going to try and make it.
I'm working on finding a cheap slide in camper for my truck;Sweet

The Red Power Roundup is June 24th-26th in LaPorte, Indiana. Exactly 1 week before IDI weekend, and it's not very far from chicago.

Last edited:

88bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I decided today that if I have a job by this time that will let me get time off I will head out for this. Sounds like its gonna be a good time.