Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, we'd love to have you there. It is always a great time and you will be hooked and have to come every year. That's why this event gets larger and larger every year.

Look forward to meeting you.

Heath

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Chicago.. that's pretty close to me, I'm going to try and make it.
I'm working on finding a cheap slide in camper for my truck;Sweet

excellent :D

So I decided today that if I have a job by this time that will let me get time off I will head out for this. Sounds like its gonna be a good time.

it always is. good food, good fun, and even better friendships. ;Sweet

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I really gotta save up and go to this rally some time. With my 6.9 IDI motorhome :D can't do it this year though. Maybe next year.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Count me in! If a lol good time can be had behind the computer, this event sounds like the best vacation going. Thinking about tent city with my 13yr old boy and 8yr old girl. I'm not sure I'll find living quarters to satisfy the wifey and two young ones on the camping scene. Maybe I can catch up with Mel's convoy on the way across. Looking forward to meeting the faces behind the posts. I'm sure this is mostly kid friendly, some accindetal profanities and drinking around campfire to be expected, right?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your not likely to find any profanity, especially if there are kids around. Now, if somebody is in a pinch, and is bent over a hot engine, or under their truck somewhere... well I'd say unless the kids are interested in turning a wrench, they are not likely to be in earshot anyway. LOL Beer is common, hard alchohol not likely. Drunkeness never. Well, unless someone isn't watching the wives, but that's not usualy MY job. LOL They are usually the ones we have to keep in line. :rotflmao I heard a rumor Missy might throw a ladies only party at her site. You DON'T want to know what will be going on in there. ;Really

LOL

Convoy yes! We usually try to have one, but of course it depends on everyone's schedule. Even if we don't leave on the same day, it may still be possible to hook up en-route.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Just made my reservations, the 1st through 5th!!!! I don't treat myself to many getaways so this will be a little sweeter for me.:dunno Hmmm, new project: something to camp in. Pop-ups are cheap on CL right now, slide ins use all bed space, this is gonna be big. Anyhow about 14hrs of driving for me, no sweat. :angel:What could go wrong in a 252,000mi ex-logging truck from Oregon? Anyone plan on driving cross country Wednesday night into Thursday? I'm gonna install CB radio, may be useful for this event. Keep in touch east coast guys.;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my reservations checking in on the 1st, and leaving on the 8th. I have to confess, I'm not real fond of the way these people handle their reservations. No confirmation number, and no site number. If I drive 16 hours and get to a campground and find out I don't have a site that I like, your going to see one very pissed off Moose. ;Really

Chris, I'd strongly urge you to push these people for site numbers, and if you can, give us a preview of what our sites will look like. When I hosted Bowmansville, my biggest fear was that people would show up to find there was some kind of issue. I SAT on those campground people until they felt I was a plague. I was NOT going to have an attendee mad and have their vacation spoiled. I found one site that had a low hanging wire, and managed to get that corrected before the attendee showed up only to find out they wouldn't be able to get their 5th wheel in. By the time the rally rolled around, I knew more about where people were staying, then the frickin' campground people did.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're going to have the Moose and the Goose at this year's Rally.LOL

Goose, it's always great to meet new guys and see new trucks. Just to warn you...... You'll be seriously hooked and will have to plan on coming to every Rally from now on.;Sweet Can't wait to meet you.

Heath

diesel4me2

Reaction score
I really gotta save up and go to this rally some time. With my 6.9 IDI motorhome :D can't do it this year though. Maybe next year.

i would love to see your motorhome. come on down and stay awhile :sly

Count me in! If a lol good time can be had behind the computer, this event sounds like the best vacation going. Thinking about tent city with my 13yr old boy and 8yr old girl. I'm not sure I'll find living quarters to satisfy the wifey and two young ones on the camping scene. Maybe I can catch up with Mel's convoy on the way across. Looking forward to meeting the faces behind the posts. I'm sure this is mostly kid friendly, some accindetal profanities and drinking around campfire to be expected, right?

mell said it best LOL

Who all has made reservations? I'm there 7/1-7/5

Heath

i have :D

Just made my reservations, the 1st through 5th!!!! I don't treat myself to many getaways so this will be a little sweeter for me.:dunno Hmmm, new project: something to camp in. Pop-ups are cheap on CL right now, slide ins use all bed space, this is gonna be big. Anyhow about 14hrs of driving for me, no sweat. :angel:What could go wrong in a 252,000mi ex-logging truck from Oregon? Anyone plan on driving cross country Wednesday night into Thursday? I'm gonna install CB radio, may be useful for this event. Keep in touch east coast guys.;Sweet

sweet ;Sweet. glad you can make it

I made my reservations checking in on the 1st, and leaving on the 8th. I have to confess, I'm not real fond of the way these people handle their reservations. No confirmation number, and no site number. If I drive 16 hours and get to a campground and find out I don't have a site that I like, your going to see one very pissed off Moose. ;Really

the sooner we fill it up, the sooner i can get pictures of everyones site ;Sweet

Chris, I'd strongly urge you to push these people for site numbers, and if you can, give us a preview of what our sites will look like.

i'm working on it,

Just to warn you...... You'll be seriously hooked and will have to plan on coming to every Rally from now on.;Sweet Can't wait to meet you.

Heath

yep. it's a great time, glad you can make it

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
of course the year i get my license and can come to the rally, y'all move it outta my state and probably too far away for me to afford-cuss

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I just might, I gotta make the drive to Hannibal MO to pick up a 1914 model T, I could align the trip with your dates :sly and show up in a bow tie truk cookoo

diesel4me2

Reaction score
of course the year i get my license and can come to the rally, y'all move it outta my state and probably too far away for me to afford-cuss

it's never to far :sly

I just might, I gotta make the drive to Hannibal MO to pick up a 1914 model T, I could align the trip with your dates :sly and show up in a bow tie truk cookoo

heck, you would be right around the corner. swing on down, i would love to see the model T. ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well I got the approval at work for the time off now just need to get me a place to stay for the event.... I'm thinking I might pitch a tent again under Ron's bedroom it was fun last time so why not do it again....

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only thing is if i do make it up there, i'm not a outspokin and being around a group of people that know each other that don't know me is kinda akward. i know i'm dumb. but if i can come i wouldn't let that stop me