My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the chance of high-centering this truck? If you think it's fairly likely, then having the pipe as low as it is now won't work in your favor when the event happens. If on the other hand you have other stuff that hangs lower, and that stuff will be the first to make contacts w/ whatever it is you're running over, then you can leave the pipe as is. Only you know how you gonna use your truck, only you can make the call. Personally I'd have it tucked up high and away from danger, then skid the transfer case real nice and know that I can safely run over downed trees and such if the need arises.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i don't plan on wheeling it hard like my scout. Its actually going to be a daily driver. And it well probably never see the woods. So I'm not concerned with high centering. i actually am just concerned with the look.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good clearance
You must be registered for see images

Convertible

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to get the cab ready, i know it sucks. yes that's a perfectly good, running, driving 1310 4wd. Too bad the guy who had out before me did a crap job of installing the dump body. The frame collected all the water and rotted right through. So now its parts.

Stripped

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part i hate most. Body work and interior work.

Hydroboost mock up while the cab is off.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another successful adaptation of the ever plentiful astro-van Hydroboost unit.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the pedal pushrod length on that Astro/Safari hydro, will it work as is or you'll be getting creative w/ it? Certainly looks like it belongs there tho, good job.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the pedal pushrod length on that Astro/Safari hydro, will it work as is or you'll be getting creative w/ it? Certainly looks like it belongs there tho, good job.

Thanks, i put the pedal where i wanted it. Leaving room for when the hb gets hot and expands. Common mistake is to not leave play and a mile down the road your front rotors are cherry red. Then i measured how long the pushrod had to be to make it to the pedal. And i had to extend it like 2.5". I ended up cutting the pushrod off the original vacuum booster and welding it to mine.
On a scout it's a direct bolt in with a 1.5 inch spacer. I wasn't so lucky on here. Next is the hydraulic clutch adaptation. I think I'll have to strengthen up the firewall for sure. It's only sheetmetal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac