My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is electronically shifted I was told it was a 241 and immediately after I saw that it drops on the wrong side for my differential I did not care to know anything else about itI'll just sell it probably
E-shift is NP273 then, IIRC converts to manual shift fairly easy. I was only telling you what it is so you can price it for sale accordingly - it's a big upgrade over the '02 and older NP241, good chance to recoup some of the money you just spent.

clarkcr

Reaction score
Hey Brandon, I just joined and am up to speed. Sweet build. Mucho respect.

I am planning an engine swap for my '73 1210 Travellete. I hate that name. Anyway, I am curious what your engine mount welds look like and if there was any frame twist or stress cracks from all that pulling and towing. I'm not at all doubting your beads, your home-cooked driveshafts are on time, I'm just questioning the geometry.

What hp/ftlb do you estimate that 6.9 was putting out?

Thanks

Chris

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have really cut back on my interwebs forum time.
Anyhow. No. I didn't have any twisting or cracking issues. The mounts that were bolts to the engine were all 3/8" plate. And the frame side was some c channel I don't remember.

The truck was very good to me. A friend now owns it and he converted it to dually

As far as how much power? No clue. NOT ENOUGH haha