My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuses me may I see a pic of the rear of the motor I would like to see the up pipes and I would thank you very much

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made my jack shaft and rear drive shaft today. I wanted 1350 joints on all of them so i looked in the old drive shaft pile and had more than enough yokes and tubes.
You must be registered for see images

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you going to have your shafts balanced? They look good. How did you get them straight? Most places I've seen do them have a ginormous lathe.
This is a really cool truck btw. I like the old IH stuff.;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
we roll them to make sure the yokes are straight. no balancing needed, not formula 1 cars! i've never had a wobble or vibration and we've made dozens of them.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take a lot of measurements before i weld them. And i use a dial indicator on the slip yoke end. I've made more than i could remember now and i never had a problem. I can do 110 down the high way in my 57 chebby no shimmy shake or rattle. But I'm not going to argue with anyone. I know a lot of ppl feel very strongly about paying a lot to have shafts made and balanced professionally. This is how i do it. And it works for me.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how i make the stub, or slip yoke Perfect. for anyone who is going to harass me about making shafts. I can see it coming. It won't be the first time. Lol