My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No interest in harassment. Just always interested to see how other people solve problems. It's one of the things that I had a problem with in the past so I thought I would ask.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go right on the defense. But most times ppl give me heat about making my own shafts. I make them for a lot of ppl with no problems. Best advice is Measure 20 times weld once lol. It's actually very easy

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took her out for some sun. 3 months to the day since she went under the knife
You must be registered for see images

Jon at the helm

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a set of original shock mounts on a parts 4wd frame. Just had to knock the rivets off.

Shocking

Got new bleeder screws now i just need a head light adjustment

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What better to transport my idi than an idi? Wine em' dine em 6.9 em'. Off to the exhaust shop. 3" down pipe into a 4"exhaust

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stainless cross over and 3" downpipe into Mandel bent aluminized 4"

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok all u lurkers. I want opinions. The exhaust was supposed to be hidden in the frame. The guy ran it under my t case. He said he'll do the whole thing over if I'm not happy. What's the consensus? Do u love it or hate it? I'm ok with it. My friends are saying have him re-do it.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Ok all u lurkers. I want opinions. The exhaust was supposed to be hidden in the frame. The guy ran it under my t case. He said he'll do the whole thing over if I'm not happy. What's the consensus? Do u love it or hate it? I'm ok with it. My friends are saying have him re-do it.

I would leave it. :Thumbs Up

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whatever makes service and/or removal of the transfer case the easiest. No one in the world will care if they can see that section of the exhaust, but you will certainly care if you have to remove the exhaust every time you need to drop or service the case. For me, functional over form every time!

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X 2^^^^ on function over form.

Although I hope you aren't dropping the t-case too often. That's pretty serious not just for funnsies kind of work. Probably at ride height and with the body on, nobody would know how it was run without climbing under it. If they want to complain at that point let them. i think it comes down to convienience for you. If you aren't happy and having it redone is not an impediment, then do it. If it is going to slow you down and you are indifferent about it, let it ride.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. I'm torn between the clean stream line look of the pipe in the frame and the easy removal of the pipe under neath. Its funny on binder planet everyone everyone says exactly opposite. Well see how i feel in a week. He said he'll have an opening in the schedule in a week to redo it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online