My first filtration rig... wmo processor

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First 5 gallons in and so far so good. I havn't driven all that much as of yet, but it doesnt seem to run any different... just slightly less rattle which was expected. We'll see what happens over the weekend.

I'm hoping I dont plug a filter like most say you will in the first 100 miles or so. Most attribute this to loosening crap in the fuel tank, but I just finished the 4bt swap on the tahoe and I had the tank out and cleaned it. Its barely had a tank of #2 ran through it so we'll see.

I also got most of the plumbing done on the new drum and pumped all of my oil back into the start drum to be filtered again and into the new horizontal drum. Debating on waiting to crack the valve on the settle drum... not sure yet.

Anyways...
-Chris

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I only have a single fuel tank on my truck so i have to keep the mix thin enough to start on. As far as keeping track, when i first started i kept a notebook with each blend i made. Now i've pretty well got a mix down that my truck likes so i just make it the same every time.

I'm thinking about experimenting again for a winter fuel though...so i may have to find that notebook...

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Well... Im using red rtv....

As far as work space... this setup is stuffed in a 15x10 area built off my garage that was stuffed full of project parts.. now those are in my garage floor. Needless to say... Ive got a mess to clean up once this is all done

-Chris

On all of my threaded fittings i use PTFE pipe dope...

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... so are you blending with diesel? If so, do you pick up the diesel fuel and blend it all at home and fill the truck from home or do you blend it in the tank and just top it off with diesel fuel?

I took 5 gallons of my w85 with me, added it to the tank at the fuel station and then topped off with diesel. My truck has a 26 gallon tank... so 5 gallon of w85 and 21 gallon of diesel

I'm slowly going to increase the percentage of w85 until I start seeing cold start issues.. I also have a very short commute to work so the truck doesnt warm up however I do plug in every night.

-Chris

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I thin with kerosene. If it starts getting hard to start i go to the station and get a few gallons of diesel. I haven't yet just put some diesel in when i mix.

My base fuel is 75% WMO/ 25% kerosene, but i'm thinking about trying a 67% WMO/ 22% kerosene/ 11% gasoline mix to see if i can start cold on it.

I also plug my truck in every night. My truck has always been hard to start cold, even when on 100% diesel...

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.. I'm guessing you are filling your truck at home and just picking up kerosene or gasoline when ever you need it in fuel cans for making your blends?

Once I get up to a stronger dose, I might invest in a transfer pump and fuel nozzle

-Chris

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I filter with a centerfuge. I put 30 gallons of WMO in the barrel, then pour in 10 gallons of kerosene and let it run for about 5 hours. Then i put that it the truck.

If that's too think for the truck i put diesel right in the tank.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The methods some of you guys are coming up with to filter oil makes me :rotflmao and sometimes cookoo

It's so easy to filter, but sometimes you guys overdue the thinking process ;Really

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
?

My filtration setup hasnt changed from its original design or plan. Same filter setup... same gravity feed. Only things changing are to make it easier to work around, cleaner, and easier to use. I don't have a lot of space to work with and I don't want to be making a huge mess every time I want to process my fuel... I want to be able to dump the used oil in a large tank, flip a switch and move a few valves... very simple... clean... and fairly quick.

Anyways... if you care to elaborate on what is overthought about this... please do.

On another note, I've put around 100 miles on the truck so far with no adverse effects. I'm going to go a little stronger on the mix for sure next time I need fuel. In the meantime, I'm gonna get started building my small collection rig. Eventually I might get a utility trailer and a larger tank/pump... but for now, I'll stick with 50-60gallons at a time.

More to come
-Chris

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
?

My filtration setup hasnt changed from its original design or plan. Same filter setup... same gravity feed. Only things changing are to make it easier to work around, cleaner, and easier to use. I don't have a lot of space to work with and I don't want to be making a huge mess every time I want to process my fuel... I want to be able to dump the used oil in a large tank, flip a switch and move a few valves... very simple... clean... and fairly quick.

Anyways... if you care to elaborate on what is overthought about this... please do.

On another note, I've put around 100 miles on the truck so far with no adverse effects. I'm going to go a little stronger on the mix for sure next time I need fuel. In the meantime, I'm gonna get started building my small collection rig. Eventually I might get a utility trailer and a larger tank/pump... but for now, I'll stick with 50-60gallons at a time.

More to come
-Chris

I can't speak to what he thinks, but i think your setup is rather simple. There are no complicated parts, no pumps, and requires nothing but time to run. How much simpler could you get? :D

For collection i use a pickup crane and 55gal drums. Seems to work very well for me and i cant move them around easy enough.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you plug it in all the time just run 100% WMO. I only switch to diesel when going somewhere I can't plug in. The only reason I mixed in old gas is to help trash settle out and to speed up filtering and filling process.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Parker Filter cart used for cleaning Hyd fluid.
I still use an up flow processor that spills into a drum.

After the uplow I simply turn on the machine and in 1 hour the mix is ready for use.

So I collect with the machine also, so every time I am moving WMO it is filtered.

Beats the hell out of those one gallon a minute pumps...

Javier

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Parker Filter cart used for cleaning Hyd fluid.
I still use an up flow processor that spills into a drum.

After the uplow I simply turn on the machine and in 1 hour the mix is ready for use.

So I collect with the machine also, so every time I am moving WMO it is filtered.

Beats the hell out of those one gallon a minute pumps...

Javier

I filter with a gas pump, filters over 100 gallons in less than a half hour. Beats the hell out of those Parker Filter carts! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance