recommenred 12 v auxilary fuel pump for waste motor oil

oilguywmo

Reaction score
what 12v electric inline fuel pump do you recommend to pump 70/30 wmo rug or 80/20 wmo rug from the wmo tank in the trunk compartment of a 1990 corolla to the fuel filter in the engine compartment ? i have 2 3 way ball valves with a dual tank system. if i install a 12 v inline auxilary fuel pump near the wmo tank to help move the oil to the filter, is this pump always on, even when i switch to thr diesel tank? or would a switch be best to only turn the aux pump on when i switch to wmo?

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What PSI do you need for your injection pump inlet?

I have a Carter electric pump at the moment, but it is annoyingly loud. Going to switch to an inline pump for a 6.2/6.5 GM diesel. Rockauto has them, do something like a 1989 GMC or Chevy 2500 with the 6.2 to see what I mean.

It is possible to leave one of those 6.2/6.5 pumps on all the time because they were meant for that kind of duty cycle. I'd be putting it on a switch if it were me, however.

oilguywmo

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

the pressure to the injector pump according to the manual should be 2.8 psi. the fuel feed pump psi mentions 40 to 100 psi

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Well I run diesel in my front tank, mix in my rear 38 gallon Bronco tank. Cat water/screen separator, then Holly Red mted down on frame. Delete the factory lift pump and run Holly all time.
May be loud but works.

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the stock mechanical lift pump on my dodge 12v's but not the same. I have been running hep-02a on my centrifuge. Running constantly for a few months now. Seems to pump wmo blends okay. Not sure about 100 percent yet.

oilguywmo

Reaction score
this is my thought also and wvo designs had a pump that heavy duty for oil .alas it is difficult to find

alot of wmo users use the walbro frb5 and the holley red or black.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online