Biobor JF to wmo blends

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone added Biobor JF to their wmo blends to kill microbes for storage? Results?
Technically support said it can be used with any hydrocarbons. Gave some other interesting information. Should blend fine and be just as effective, but viscosity might make not mix as quickly so agitation is suggested.
Could it help with water separation? Though not advertised as engineered to separate water (other products to separate h20). It will drop water out of fuel. It was explained that it kills the bugs that carry the water around that make fuel cloudy looking.
Only thing that will remove biobor JF is a clay filter/diatomaceous earth(DE? can't remember exactly what kind he said). Centrifuge or membrane filters will not remove it and allow it to keep working. Which is good for those processing. Adding before processing is the recommended procedure.
Would it build up in the sludge and be removed by the centrifuge? Would it help separate the sludge?

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
We have Biobor at work. It is toxic stuff. (Thought it was banned in the usa actually.) I dont recommend using it on a preventive basis. It is a last resort if/when fuel tests positive for a microbe bloom. Use their Hum-Bug kit for that.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I settle WMO in barrels or totes as long as I can, preferably thru summer months while hot.
Right now my centrifuge is down so I been slowly straining thru 4 layers of fine wove pillow cases or bed sheets. then run it thicker in summer, thinner in winter.
Depends where you get your WMO & what kind but I've run into some pretty nasty settelings in bottom of tote or barrels.
Never noticed anykind of "Blooms" ......