Cheap way to clean out WMO even more (using water)

Black dawg

Reaction score
When I was doing the wmo thing(one year burned 50 barrels) on a day to day basis, it most definitely saved me a considerable amount of money........But used parts were always readily available, and I was able to do any repairs my self.

Took me a few years to get a process down that was low money/time investment vs fuel produced.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As dumb as this might sound, in the Laura Ingalls Wilder book called "Farmer boy"
dad gives a little talk about being a farmer
there's a lifestyle that you can live that makes you a LOT less dependant on "the man", and it's a LOT more satisfying in my opinion.

I don't think that it sounds dumb at all...I am going to read that book...because...I aspire to adopt the values and some of the skills of a farmer
Thank you Jesus Freak for bringing that to my attention and thank you also for the recognition.

I am glad to be here...

Last edited:

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yes! I completely agree with you. but I might better be using this VW engine using WMO, since everything that I need for my 7.3IDI needs to come from the US, for every order of parts it needs a few weeks to arrive. even a fuel filter!

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just reread this post, and thinking that engine oil is made to hold pollutions in suspension, I'm not really seeing how adding water "cleans" the WMO?
I know that adding gasoline (or Petrol for UK) could change WMO in a sense that the pollutions go out of suspension by changing the surface tension of the oil, iirc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online