Monster IDI limo truck with 4 WHEEL STEERING!

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess if everyone would rather insult it then read the description, i will post it.

Up for auction is my custom 1991 FORD F350 DUALLY, Stretched, 4X4, CREW CAB, EXT. CAB WITH 4 WHEEL STEERING!!!!!!

NO RESERVE

8 inch lift springs, new 355-80-16 (38.5x14.50) procomp xterain tires, new aluminum rims

7.3L non turbo diesel, automatic overdrive trans, dana 60 front axle 3.73 gears. dana60 rear axle , 4.10 gears (1 ton dodge front axle converted to have rear steering)

the rear steering is controlled by electric toggle switch on the drivers door, and can be turned off and locked for street use.

the frame has been extended to add the extended cab to the body, making it like a limo,with lots of room in the back seat.

the engine runs and drives, but is leaking fuel from some o-rings.(its been sitting for awhile) and will need to be resealed.

the sun roof needs to be sealed,(leaks)

THIS IS BEING SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, AND WILL BE THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILTY TO PICK UP.!!!

please ask qestions if you have any, and i will answer them each night.

THIS TRUCK TURNS HEADS , AND ALWAYS GETS ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR LOOKING, CHECK OUT MY OTHER ITEMS ON EBAY!!

im guessing by the switch for turning that you turn the rear independently.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you plan on towing anything heavy with that trk your insane. you dont buy a trk with a 8" lift to tow anything heavy. that trk is for driving down the road and looking good, and to take to "show off". im really surprised noone commented that they couldn't pull there 5th wheel with that trk. for what that trk is, and what it was built for, i think it looks real good. and the body line lines up on one side but not the other, prob a bad body mount.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I thinks its a cool ride, not sure what all the fuss is about.:dunno I wouldn't pull a backhoe but a small box trailer with some dirt bikes would seem fine to me. I would rearrainge the interior so it could seat 9.:sly That way we would never need to use the girl's minivan againLOL.

DragRag

Reaction score
Ya, let's make the wheels steer the same direction as the fronts. I really don't see how that will help a thing. Supposed to be opposite direction as the fronts for a tight turning radius. That truck is about as gay as they come, forgive the slur.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole, but I have to give him props for at least trying. But I did get a chuckle when he admitted it has air leaks in the return lines. For all the work that went into that truck he couldn't be bothered to fix that?

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, let's make the wheels steer the same direction as the fronts. I really don't see how that will help a thing. Supposed to be opposite direction as the fronts for a tight turning radius. That truck is about as gay as they come, forgive the slur.

you do understand that he steers the rear end by a switch, so he can turn it in either direction at any time, right?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would rather have this one, even with the powerstroke

Attachments

• IMG_20101120_124533.jpg
    IMG_20101120_124533.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 24

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
that shelf to the left of the tv looks like it's for holding records, anyone else catch that?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you do understand that he steers the rear end by a switch, so he can turn it in either direction at any time, right?
Where in the ad does it explicitly say that?

The only thing I can find in the ad is this:
the rear steering is controlled by electric toggle switch on the drivers door, and can be turned off and locked for street use.
I'd love for him to elaborate on how the system works...it could be as you described, or it could be that the switch only controls whether the rear steering is active or not, leaving the question of how exactly the rear steering is controlled (albeit it looks like a hydraulic ram directly turns the wheels, what exactly operates that ram?).

I'm not trying to doubt the steering system (although I do still question the load-carrying ability); just trying to get a better understanding of it, out of curiosity more than anything else...

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thinks its a cool ride, not sure what all the fuss is about.:dunno .

i dont understand what the fuss is about either.one thing ive noticed with people these days is everybody thinks other people stuff aint worth anything or junk or when what they have is probably worse or they dont have anything themselves.people gotta beat other peoples stuff into the ground for some reason.i know thats gonna be taken the wrong way but oh well.

i think its a cool truck and definately different.obviously it wasnt built to tow.

i would have to say the rear steer is independant.i dont see another steering column in it anywhere.being hydraulic it most likely has 2 solenoids like whats used on a self loading wrecker with a switch to open/close them and a switch to turn the hydraulic pump off.most likely its running an old style electric plow pump

poppop

Reaction score
I drove past that truck a few weeks ago,I about drove off the road.It is an attention getter.