Monster IDI limo truck with 4 WHEEL STEERING!

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wonder how GM got away with rear steer on thier pickups a few years ago?
Totally different concept. Computerized, speed sensative and not idependently controlled at highway speeds. Also obviously not so great since it's no longer available.
Nothing like the abortion hack job of a truck in the original post.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
i dont understand what the fuss is about either.one thing ive noticed with people these days is everybody thinks other people stuff aint worth anything or junk or when what they have is probably worse or they dont have anything themselves.people gotta beat other peoples stuff into the ground for some reason.i know thats gonna be taken the wrong way but oh well.

No one is bashing the truck, it's a little thing called "one persons opinion" ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Death trap. Sorry guys.

Stupid and waste of a tow vehicle. I can find alot better and more useful vehicles to buy than that backyard deathtrap. Plus in most states you cannot have rear steer on the road anyways.

Ya, let's make the wheels steer the same direction as the fronts. I really don't see how that will help a thing. Supposed to be opposite direction as the fronts for a tight turning radius. That truck is about as gay as they come, forgive the slur.

I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole, but I have to give him props for at least trying. But I did get a chuckle when he admitted it has air leaks in the return lines. For all the work that went into that truck he couldn't be bothered to fix that?

if those posts aint bashing it than i dont know what is

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid and waste of a tow vehicle. I can find alot better and more useful vehicles to buy than that backyard deathtrap. Plus in most states you cannot have rear steer on the road anyways.

Totally different concept. Computerized, speed sensative and not idependently controlled at highway speeds. Also obviously not so great since it's no longer available.
Nothing like the abortion hack job of a truck in the original post.

again how did gm get away with it if its not allowed in most states as you say?has nothingto do wether its computerised or not.if rear steer isnt allowed than gm trucks shouldnt have had it either.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
if those posts aint bashing it than i dont know what is

Looks like 4 guys voicing their opinion about the truck :dunno

Why is everyone taking everything so seriously now?

Just because a few people don't like the truck, and said they don't like the truck, doesn't mean they are wrong, it's just their opinion, C'mon now, didn't we all learn this as kids? :rolleyes:

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
again how did gm get away with it if its not allowed in most states as you say?has nothingto do wether its computerised or not.if rear steer isnt allowed than gm trucks shouldnt have had it either.

my 92 mitz 3000gt vr4 must be illegal in most states as well. it came factory with 4 wheel steering.

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the rear facing the same way thats pretty typical with 4 wheel steering. I know to make it turn in a circle you need them the opposite direction but if he can control it for tight maneuvering then it would be fine, definitely would want to make sure the lock works good. If any of you have ever drove a rough terrain forklift then you know that the 4 wheel steering can put the front and rear tires turning the same direction or opposite and then just the front. The one we used to have had a 3 way switch for switching between the different modes. Turning the same way does have its advantages as its called crab mode where you can just about drive sideways. I think if the truck is built fairly decent then it would be a pretty nice truck. I don't like having my daily driver lifted anymore though.

If the guy did most of the work on the truck himself then he did pretty good.

DragRag

Reaction score
Oops I just bumped my switch, and dog legged it off the side of a cliff into the ocean. Damn that would be a good one. With three kids in the cab, it could happen.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 92 mitz 3000gt vr4 must be illegal in most states as well. it came factory with 4 wheel steering.

I'll say it again, 2 totally different systems. A "factory production rear steer vehicle", such as one of the 16,000 made Silverados produced between 02-04 or an option on Honda Prelude or some others, is only steering 25% or less of the travel of the front axle. And at highway speeds it is not able to steer even 25% but instead just enough to keep the vehicle stable, which is the intended purpose.
Completely different systems and purposes compared to the backyard hillbilly rear steer that you 2 seem to be so passionate. The creator of this heep also added to the frame which is also a no-no. If I was him I wouldn't even sell it as road worthy and have the next owner sign a waiver or he's leaving himself open for a lawsuit. On trucks, anywhere between the front most and rear most spring perches is an area of the frame that should be un-molested meaning no cutting, welding, ect.
You might like it, that's fine. This is a forum full of opinions, mine is it's a useless rigged up truck that the only item of worth left to myself and some others is maybe the cab.

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On trucks, anywhere between the front most and rear most spring perches is an area of the frame that should be un-molested meaning no cutting, welding, ect. .

are you serious?how in the world do you think car carriers and the like get the frames so long????untill you get into the "commercial chassis" trucks theyreall cut,stretched and welded back together.how do you think centurion does the conversions to these trucks like the crew extended cab??they sure as hell dont order a new frame from ford cuz they dont make them long enough

You might like it, that's fine. This is a forum full of opinions, mine is it's a useless rigged up truck that the only item of worth left to myself and some others is maybe the cab.

rigged up?by the looks of the truck the only thing the guy did to it was the lift and rear steering.sure the rear coulda and maybe shoulda been done a little bit differently but the guy had the idea and the balls to do it unlike most people.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again, 2 totally different systems. A "factory production rear steer vehicle", such as one of the 16,000 made Silverados produced between 02-04 or an option on Honda Prelude or some others, is only steering 25% or less of the travel of the front axle. And at highway speeds it is not able to steer even 25% but instead just enough to keep the vehicle stable, which is the intended purpose.
Completely different systems and purposes compared to the backyard hillbilly rear steer that you 2 seem to be so passionate. The creator of this heep also added to the frame which is also a no-no. If I was him I wouldn't even sell it as road worthy and have the next owner sign a waiver or he's leaving himself open for a lawsuit. On trucks, anywhere between the front most and rear most spring perches is an area of the frame that should be un-molested meaning no cutting, welding, ect.

ill say it in a more clear fashion, rear whl steer is not illegal, but the way he did it would be in some states. i think its a cool trk, but theres a few things i would do different. and frame repair, and modifing the frame, there is a right way and a wrong way, but the right way will be safe. but i do understand that is your opinion.

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
I think it's kinda cool, unique, and rear steer would be cool in certain scenarios. Like the offroad forklifts already mentioned, the rear steer is useful, and fun.
I'm curious about the Dana 60 front end from a Dodge that is now his rear axle, that has dual wheels and lockout hubs on it. Lockout hubs would be cool on the back, but dual wheels, is there a safe way to attach dual wheels to something like that?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i've thought about it some more and i would love to have it.

although i would pull all of the rear steer stuff off and run a standard dually rear, then i would have all of the rear steer stuff for my dana 60'd toyota truggy:D

edit; i would deff want all stock interior pieces.
40/20/40 front
40/20/40 mid
super cab rear seat.

i can fix the frame stuff:sly