Midwestern Oil Burners After the Holidays Party

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Help, need quick advice!!!!!

Just saw thew weather, plus the winter storm warnings. I was going to bring my fuel sipper ride (******) but now have grown concerned because of the snow. I had figured $55.00 for fuel. (1100 miles, 35mpg, $1.70 gal) If I brought the diesel it would be $205 in fuel. (1100 miles, 15mpg, 2.80gal) Thats a big difference, plus I can't drive as fast in the truck, which would put us here later. Although, if the roads are bad, I can't drive fast anyway. Bring the car or truck? What should I do? :dunno (I'm pretty sure I know the answer)
John

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on your time frame but I figure Sunday back home should be all clear cause the snow is suposed to stop saturday afternoon. I'm leaving later in the afternoon, heavy snow isnt supposed to start tonight untill 9 or so and the worst of it will be later tonight i think.
I'm driving my truck, I dont have a choice LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just saw thew weather, plus the winter storm warnings. I was going to bring my fuel sipper ride (******) but now have grown concerned because of the snow. I had figured $55.00 for fuel. (1100 miles, 35mpg, $1.70 gal) If I brought the diesel it would be $205 in fuel. (1100 miles, 15mpg, 2.80gal) Thats a big difference, plus I can't drive as fast in the truck, which would put us here later. Although, if the roads are bad, I can't drive fast anyway. Bring the car or truck? What should I do? :dunno (I'm pretty sure I know the answer)
John

Ford ****** Gas $55.00
F350 Diesel Fuel $205.00
Keeping your family safe in a 3 ton 4x4 Truck,..$ PRICELESS

Maybe Nick can bring you some veggie cubies that you can buy and save some fuel money.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Spent this morning packing and going over the truck. Had to add 2 quarts of oil to the engine, anti-gel in the tanks and fill them up. We are wrapping up some last minute things and will be on the road. See everyone tonight (late, maybe)
John

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I don't know about up your way Darrin but, it is not good here. Upgraded storm totals to 10+ inches by tomorrow afternoon and extended the storm warning thru later tomorrow. I worked out in it until after noon and then I was almost hit by a car. Tried to slide into the KW. And I raised enough hell to get them to quit indefinitely. I hope everyone is safe in their travels.... I am thinking that we will be there for the meal by 4-5 if were coming.... We have 5-6+ on the ground now and still snowing gangbusters here.... I think if I was coming from a terribly long distance - I would pass on it and maybe try it again down the road at a later date.... I am thinking of trying one here this summer at the campground if I see any interest.... Be safe all and hope to see ya all tomorrow!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I just put my new Blizzaks on the Jetta Diesel and we are heading out in about 45 minutes. Well just take our time.

We are getting snow but we will be heading into it as we head south so I will get worse for us,

Everyone be safe!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Hey guys. I talked to Tina about 1pm and they were about 2 1/2 hours away from the hotel (should be there by now) Said roads weren't bad yet. They're telling us 4-7" here(western PA) by Sat. night. Not A LOT of snow just enough to screw up traffic. So be careful out there we're standing by is anyone from PA needs help.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
hi guys. we made it. please be safe out there we did pass a couple of jacknifed rigs heading in. i dont want to be the only one at this party.lol when you all get in the meeting room is number 160 and were down the hall at the pool. safe travels everyone

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
We made it as well, The roads were bad south of GR but I80 Toll Road across was not bad at all.

I saw 3 trucks here in the parking lot, just gotta go find the owners.

Later!

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
We finally made it here ay 12:30 this morning. More should show up today...people and snow!!!!
John

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just a quick update, Things are going well and we are having a great time. It is alway nice to be swimming and hot tubbing when there is a Winter Storm Warning and 10" of fresh show just outside the door!

Little Doggie and family got here safley in thier Jeep Grand Cherokee, Travis and family are got here about an hour ago with no problems, other than another minor tranny issue,... ;Really

Still waiting on Hoss6.9, Dieseldogcatcher, and Flatlander.

Gotta go stir the Meatballs,..Later..

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Hey All!

Just walked in the door from plowing and the phone is still ringing for jobs tomorrow. I think that I am up to about 23 for tomorrow now. Should be going a good portion of the day. I see that we are to get another inch yet tonite. Wish that I could have gotten done earlier. I had about 7 to do within an hour of dark tonite. Most were firemen. So that they could get here if we had a call during the nite. I did the station twice today and it is in need again tonite. My truck is up on call if there are any medical of fire runs in this area tonite. Whether they are for our dept. or not. From county dispatch. I could possibly do a breakfast up there in the morning - If anyone is up for it....???? Should be somewhat early though. I wish I could have made it to see all from last year and met the new arrivals....

Nick - Did ya bring those filters then - I kinda forgot about those....

Sounds like a gfood time is being had by all!!!!! Enjoy guys and all.... I hope to try and have something here in the area this summer and maybe we can get a good turn out then too.... Nite all.... Let me know about a breakfast possibility - If there are any plans....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Hoss Sorry you cant make it, but at least you are making a little money!

We are planning on breakfast here at the motel at 9AM They have a real good free breakfast so if you are interested just show up here at the motel, drive around back where all of the trucks are parked. we are in 175, just inside the door. I will check the board later this evening so let me know if it works out for you.

Everyone made it here without incodent so all is good!:thumbsup:

Later!