Midwestern Oil Burners After the Holidays Party

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Work Schedule

Looks like I may be working on Saturday and if so - I won't be able to be there unless we quit early - Which probably won't be an option. If were working. I could be up there on Sunday morning for a breakfast. If anyone is gonna be there.... Glen will probably not show up either - If I am working... I don't know about that for sure. And my working is all up to mother nature. We tried today and my truck hadn't been run in 3+ weeks and it wasn't too keen on cooperating this morning and there were several other issues that played into not running today. The ice overnite slowed the start time to begin with too. As I know something later on. I will post back. I might be able to show up late Saturday evening too. It might be 8-9:00pm though. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. I can't complain though. There are so many out of work. And as of Friday of last week. I think that I lined up a contract haul for a good portion of the time... (Maybe....????) Good money, short miles, and plenty of work. I would load within about 3 miles of the house and deliver about 150 miles away. Still in Indiana yet.... Sounds really hopeful so far. I should know more by the end of next week.... Take a look at these pictures! This is what has generated my contract haul.... 17,000 tons of corn cobs....!!!! In that pile alone....

Attachments

• DelphiCobFire122708.jpg
    DelphiCobFire122708.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DelphiCobFire#2 122708.jpg
    DelphiCobFire#2 122708.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ike-
i take it the bonfire wasn't intended.
a buddy of mime had a tenant that did tire disposal and the pile went up.
kali epa went after the business for the containment and cleanup costs and went after my buddy for the remainder after the business BK'd out.
ouch.
took 2mil for the whole thing to go away.:eek:

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
As far as I know. As of yet. The origin hasn't been determined yet and the fire is till burning. It was found at 5:15am on Dec. 27,2008. All I was told so far is that there was a lightning storm within the 48 hours previous to it being found. There was a similar fire there in 1989 and the pile was 35,000 ton. That is way they are kept in smaller piles now. I don't know as the EPA or IDEM will be having any issues there. I haven't heard of anything yet. I haul tires to a tire recycler back in 1996 for a summer. And at that time there was a pile of tires up towards Darrin's way along US131 that had 3 million tires plus there and the state of MI was all over them to get it cleaned up and they could pay the bill to get it done. I think the state had to eat that one and pay the bill themselves.... I know at one time there were 15 fire depts. there and there was an all call put out in the state for manpower and equipment too. We didn't get volunteered from up here to go though.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I haul tires to a tire recycler back in 1996 for a summer. And at that time there was a pile of tires up towards Darrin's way along US131 that had 3 million tires plus there and the state of MI was all over them to get it cleaned up and they could pay the bill to get it done. I think the state had to eat that one and pay the bill themselves.... I know at one time there were 15 fire depts. there and there was an all call put out in the state for manpower and equipment too.

I remember that, yup we had to eat the cost of that mess.:puke:

Tis been a wierd winter. Had thunder/lightening storms twice this winter.cookoo

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Well some good news arived yesterday evening.
Karen found out that the employees where she works that were not chosen for the pre/post skeleton crews are permanantly laid off.
Her and the others that were chosen for the crew get to remain on payroll. They have 4 groups interested in the lines that she works but not sure what will transpire from the deal. At least it's still income at this point. WHEW!

So it appears that as Nick says "We're going camping" this weekend.

See y'all Saturday, can't wait.:thumbsup:

Haven't decided what to bring for eats since John beat me to the chilli.;Sweet

Looks like we need a who's bringin what list going.

John I agree 10-15 clams per family should outta do it for the conference room.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have a great time, and we all say HI and wish we could be there!

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like liddledoggie and family can make it saturday and spend the night. i think were bringing raveoli. can bring other stuff. let us know what is needed. joe

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Hey Ron,
Go ahead and bring your batch of chili. As you know, every batch is different. Different tastes for different folks. Mine is not too hot this time, so maybe make something hotter.
John

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
hey guys, been a while since iv'e been here. the meeting room is taken care of, don't worry about that. we'll be arriving tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. when is the pot luck? saturday i hope, as i haven't planned anything for fri.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
If the weather forecast for here pans out. We are do for 7 inches by Saturday afternoon. 2 in. tomorrow, 3 more at nite and 2 more on Saturday. If that all pans out. Then we should be there. Unless I am out making $$ with the plow. I should be able to get ahead enough to finish on Sunday and be able to show up. I am doing my snow dance. I don't want to have to haul the poop trailer on Saturday. I want to be at the party! Hope to see ya's all there.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Soulds all good guys!

We will be bringing BBQ Meat Balls for the potluck, ane yes it is on Saturday.

Well be driving a Diesel, Just not Big Ed,...

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
We are now under a "Winter Storm Warning" here. Thru 3:00pm tomorrow afternoon. So everyone be careful in their travels! If we make it there. We will be bringing BBQ'd meatballs too. Cause the wife has already got the supplies earlier in the week. As far as I know - I am still headed west to try and work some befroe the snow hits. It is already east of South Bend and headed this way. I would say that we will not be working tomorrow. But I don't know yet.... I will be busy plowing if this manifests itself too. Hope to see you all there. It is 9* here now with a WC of -4* according to weather station. Burrrrrrr......

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Storm warnings suck! 6-10" here toady and into tomorow. Ugh, I feel like the dunkin donuts guy. I'm already tired of pushing snow!!!:puke:

Oh well, gonna get the ball joints fixed this afternoon and then plow tomorrow when I get it back together before we head out.

John, It looks as if Karen wants to bring a dessert this year so the chilli is all yours dude!;Sweet

Oh and we'll be arriving in a spark assisted combustion propelled vehicle.:rolleyes: