Midwestern Oil Burners After the Holidays Party

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well folks as we enter the holiday season this year with anticipation of what Santa will bring for us to add to our trucks we can also look forward to a relaxing weekend with our families and good friends from here at Oilburners. With all the good times that the holiday season brings with it, it also comes with a lot of stress. In response to that last year, we started a little after the holidays get-together here in the Midwest to relax and remember the year of past and all of the good times our families have enjoyed with our trucks.

All makes of diesels are welcome.

I know that my kids look forward to the other kids showing up so bring the entire family. Sherri has already been pestering me about getting this set up – it’s nice to be part of a group that your families get excited about.

So without further wait here is the information on the event.

Ramada of Angola/Fremont, Indiana
3855 North State Road 127
Exit 154 off I69
Angola, Indiana 46703
Phone 260-665-9471

Check in: Jan 9, 2009
Check out: Jan 11, 2009
Cost is: $82.88 per night

We have 10 rooms set aside at the moment but trust me this is a slower time for them so we don’t have any worries about getting a room just if you wait longer then you might be on the other side of the hotel from the group which isn’t bad but it’s nice to be right on top of the conference room with the kids.

Just mention that you are with the Midwestern Oil Burners Group and they will get you set up on rooms.

No need for a credit card for when you call – they didn’t ask me for one last year or this year all ya need to do is just call ‘em up to let them know that you are going to be there.

We will again have access to the conference room in the back by the indoor pool and our rooms – it seemed to work out really well so that we could put the kids to bed and come back to the room to sit and shoot the breeze some more.

Remember to bring your swimming trunks and enjoy some time in the pool room.

Again will will do a carry in.

I’ll be bringing some beans and corn bread.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
We will try to be there... Depends on how Mr. Drysdale is treating us then. We had a blast last year.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Just made my reservations. I'll be coming on 1/8 and leaving on 1/10...that whole damn visitation thing! And I won't be driving a diesel, sorry! :)

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
What night do you plan to do the carry in? I'll have to leave Saturday and assume many will be coming in Friday, so I may miss it. IIRC it was like a 6 hour drive for me. We may be able to stay into the evening Saturday and head out afterwards, will just have to see. I have to be back for 9:00 AM Sunday visitation, but it doesn't say my daughter can't be sleepy!!! :)

Also asked my "friend" if she and her kids would like to join my daughter and I and she said sure...so depending on her work schedule, they may be coming with us.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Scott,
I figured Saturday lunch time that way with the beans that I'm bringing that I won't have smell you guys any longer than I really need to.... Heck yeah bring your lady friend along - the more the merrier...

Heath,

Hope your schedule works out.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the VETO last night. Sorry, but I don't think we will make it. The drive is about 7 hours.:puke::D I'll keep working my magic and see if I can change her mind.;Really

Heath

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Not sure on the status of my friend, she is an RN and just interviewed for a new position. She may or may not be able to swing the time off, but I plan be there either way.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
just made reservations. i'll have everyone with me this year, and i'll bring pizza again. iffin, thats ok;)
on a side note , i needed a cc to reserve. i know, i know, speaks volumes about my character:dunno:D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
wow... needed a CC to reserve - she didn't ask anything from me - all she did was take my name, info and said we look forward to seeing you and the group. huh... I don't know maybe they were talking to the the guys at the Gay Liquor store that you are known at.... thought I forgot about that one did ya....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online