Upgrade from oil burner to oil dumper...

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hacked89, Im one set closer to doing what you recomended. I was not seeing much oil getting into the catch cans, so though it was wort a shot to try dual 6.5 cdr valves. It started storming, so will see if it lower the pressure in the crankcase another time.

You must be registered for see images

Also notice that for the valve cover for the 6.5, it has a pent roof packed with some sort of filler. So my catch cans should had been adequate, but where not.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last change decreased the oil lose from a 1 quart for 50 miles to 1 quart for 120 mile, pressure is reduced in the crankcase that the vent filter is enough with the cap on. There is other leaks to chase and need to stop another from returning, there is still enough pressure to make possible ones visable and vibration dose not help others.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Glad to hear the oil consumption has gotten better, but how's the performance? Anything to shake a stick at?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the oil consumption has gotten better, but how's the performance? Anything to shake a stick at?

It has good performance above 2500 rpm, where it wants to send like a fraight trian but lackes fuel to do so. I am waiting on the smaller compressor wheels, to try moving that point lower. Below 2600 rpm, the cooling mods do well with the dual sho fans. It dose not heat soak below that point, and can hold the hammer up a grade on the interstate with out issue of loosing speed. It dose start to heat soak above that but recovers quick when brough back down, dont need to go faster than what that give so is fine. In turn its not the slowest thing moving about and can pass those with ease, its only needing persuasion with the hammer to get moving below 2200 rpm. Bikers aprove of the wissle and electric cars try to keep pace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online