IP, Head gaskets, water pump and t-stat, in frame, in Van....

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
No that's ok, I got it out, and got one from a junk yard engine. Came out no problem, comes from a 92 7.3

Also, those "cracks" in the pistons, weren't cracks, there just a bunch of scratches. All in the back cyl, on the drivers bank. Alot of 'em, but yea, once nicely cleaned up, there clearly not scratches witch is good!

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hosie and Brown.

Nice to see another fellow IDI'er in Ottawa!

And LOL That 92 F350 of yours, comes from the Windchester Auction, I remember it, it was there along with another white 89 F350 just like it, with 57k km on it. I still remember what they both sold for to :D I wanted the 89, but went way out of my budget. What area of Ottawa are you in?

AND, whenever you replace your AM only radio...I want it! If you want, we can do an equal trade for a CD player one if your interested. Works great, comes out of one of my parts truck, I have no use for it, i'm a cassette kinda guy :D

Yep, it sure is nice to know they aren't all south of the border or on the east/west coasts!
It was at the Winchester Auction before? How long ago is this? I bought it from a guy in Carleton Place who specializes in used gov't equipment/vehicles and he had it for a while... I'd say at least since spring 2011. It had a smidgen under 55k on it. Just turned 60k last Saturday! So young! LOL
I'm literally 5-10 minutes southeast-ish of Orleans. I'd assume you know where Navan is...
This thing doesn't even have cassette...:eek: if it did I wouldn't mind so much 'cause I do have a cassette adapter which I can plug an MP3 or portable disc player into. Still want it? I wouldn't mind the trade... I just have to figure out how to pull it first... tried it with the pins pushed in each hole on all 4 corners passed the clips and it didn't really want to go. Prob. need to take some dash pieces off to get at it/see whats going on.
I'll stop hijacking your thread now... hahaha

Good luck on your rebuild!

Last edited by a moderator:

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Oh my, that was sometime in winter I seen those 2 Northern Territory gov. trucks there. I think late winter 2010 or early 2011.

I do remember seing it shortly after being sold at the auction, it poped up on kijiji, and it stayed for sale there for a LONG time.

And LOL I'm in Orleans, at Trim/Innes to be specific! If you need help with anything on that truck, including the radio (very easy to remove once you know how) hell lemme know! Your like a 5 min drive away!

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kijiji is how I found it... lol I was watching it for a long time. It was off for a while and I thought he finally sold it, but then it showed up again!

haha wow thats close! We're practicaly next door neighbors!:rotflmao
Sounds good, I'll let you know if I need anything! Probably won't be doing too much of anything on it this winter though... awefully busy with my edumucational stuff; more so than I was previously anticipating. And that causes the wallet to suffer some more 'cause I can't make much money at the moment. :rolleyes:

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
And you might wanna Krown rust proof that thing! To preserve it since it's so clean! I remember looking underneath both these trucks, and saying WOW! looks fresh off the show room floor! Shinny floors :D

And I work at Krown in Orleans to, so I'd be able to get ya a deal!

And you musta surely seen this truck running around here before eh?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
lright, got all my 7.3 rocker arms all in, and torqued to 20lbs.

Also got the drivers exhaust manifold on and torqued to 35lbs.

Do those torque specs sound right? Seems kinda low.... I gave 'em all an extra 5lbs. So rockers are 25lbs and manifolds are 40lbs.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
International manual calls for 20lbs on the rocker arms and 35lbs for the exhaust manifold.
Your good ;Sweet

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I definetly want to scrape together some $$ and get it Krowned... rot is the last thing I want! I haven't seen that truck on the road before... I don't spend much time in Orleans. I'm usualy in Nepean when I'm not on the farm. Definetly will be watching for it though!

More relative to the original topic... I agree,20 and 35lbs does sound a bit low... guess its all relative though... last thing I torqued were the lug nuts!LOL

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I gotta ask though, what did you do with the steel rims and tires that were on that truck?

Looks like you updated to bigger tires, and chrome wheels!

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them sitting in my shed with the old tires on them (which are no good). My plan is to put some skinny highway treads on them for the summer so I don't eat through the GY Duratracs too fast. I should update my sig. lol

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Ah ok, you'll be using 'em. I was gonna say, if you wanna get rid of 'em, I'm looking for a rim and old tire to use as a spare in my van. And next time your in Navan, lemme know!

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Would anyone by any chance have a picture showing where all the injector lines connect to the back of the IP, to witch cylinder they go to, when I removed my IP, I took all the lines off, and forgot to number them....

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Yup, found a pic! And maybe I'll video the whole thing if I ever have to do this a 3rd time :D

Everything is all put back together, and shes ALIVE! Went around the block with it.

It took an extreme amount of cranking to get it going tho wow....

After the 5th or 6th time, I said F-it, I didn't hit the glow plugs ( manual) and I gave 'er a nice dose of Ether, and she fired right up.

For the last 2 or 3 trys, I was getting lots of fuel at the injectors, and it was smoking alot of blue out the exhaust but wouldn't catch, Ether took care of that one!

And WOW with that new IP, what a difference, and that's not even timed, just the marks lined up. Runs super smooth, no smoke, exhaust has very little smell to it (before you couldn't even stand close to the back without crying).

But now after a short drive, the drivers side valve cover is literally dripping oil closer to the front, so tomorrow I'm gonna take the dog house off again, and give 'em all a snug, right now i've had just about enough for today. lol

Some fresh paint also gives it a pretty cleaner look than before :D

And final one, only thing missing was the grill to install on this pic.

Oh yes, one final question.....I noticed this...

It's the plug that plugs in with the glow plug harness on the engine.

Anyone know what that wire does or what's it for? It's yellow with a black strip. On the harness connector, at the same pin, theres nothing there, no wire at all going to the plastic plug?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online