Installing a Turbo? Read This!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
the 6.0 being a new engine had many many problems in its first year. Ford ironed them out with revised parts after they learned of the problems. Could still be first year trucks floating around without revised parts. These trucks are probably the ones still encountering problems because the faults haven't been correct yet.

Mine is an 03 6.0, still running Factory Turbo, All 8 injectors and Factory Head Gaskets. 142,*** Miles as of this morning when I parked it at work. Still running strong. I bought it 7.5 years ago, from the original owner. Was an older couple, and had maintenance done exactly on time, every time at the dealer. I've done the same. Oil and Motorcraft filter every 5000 (now running synthetic, but still change at 5000), and Motorcraft Fuel Filters every 10000. I think the biggest thing has been NO TUNER!!!!! Have no plans on ever getting rid of this truck.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u know this might bee a long shot but have u checked the oil cooler is there oil in the rad or coolent in the crank case

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
On the other side, home many MILLIONS of Ford and IH 6.0's are on the road just like mine.... that have not been touched. You don't hear those stories like the bad ones.

That the thing with how people/society works. If nothing went wrong, people already had the expectation that nothing should go wrong w/ the purchase of, especially a new or low miles diesel. So it doesnt get talked aobut becuase a 150,000 mile diesel is nothing to brag about (its stilla baby)When something goes wrong "fit hits the shan" and people are pissed about theyre bad luck. so instinctively one of the first things they do is get online and find others that ahve had similar problems or any problems w/ the same engine. People who had something to break are 100 times more likely to get online and spread the word, that the likely hood of someone getting on line and talking about how great the engine has been for them.