inlet thread diameter and pitch

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I'm doing a injector pump in my friend's 87 6.9 F250. Be bought a cardone pump off rock auto. Already put the new pump and lines in. Trying to install the rear inlet fitting and it seems the threads are different. I already tossed the core back in the box and he shipped it of, but the fitting i took off inlet looked to be 1/4 npt. The return fittings fit just fine...

What gives? I looked on my truck and the inlet fitting adapter looks different... I'm not taking my pump out just to check though. Figured i'd post up. sure someone here will know.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If your posting about that silly brass fitting that has an o-ring and it screws into the back inlet of the injection pump. The threads are going to surprise you. They are 1/2x20 national fine machine threads. Find a 1/2 inch national fine thread bolt and test it. This I know for sure.. I took that brass fitting to mike aka knuckledragger. He hhas a machine shop with all the neet tools for measureing thread pitch and such. We were both amazed at what we found.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Yippee, the new pump does indeed use the oring fitting. I had an extra in my toolbox and it does fit. The fitting on the truck was a 90 degree 1/4npt on one end and the typical international olived fitting on the other. So now i gotta figure out how to go to the filter head, or atleast to 3/8 hose. Gonna hit the plumbing shop up here in a little bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online