I'm gonna be in a magazine!

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
My truck got picked to be in the june issue of "8 Lug Truck" magazine. They went on to dieselbombers.com and asked for pics/specs of everyones truck so they could do a "50 best rigs of Diesel bombers" article. I just found out my truck will be in it as well as another IDI from idaho who is a member of my diesel club as well. He has a pre-87 rig so at least 2 generations of IDI's will be represented. Unfortunately you can't get subscriptions to the mag, but at least we carry it at work so I will be sure to get a copy. :Thumbs Up

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome!
I want to get my truck in the readers rides section of diesel power one day after I'm done making it look pretty.
If I remember fordguy100's truck has been in there? or maybe it was just a truck similar to his.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I submitted to diesel power as well, I was planning on it when the 8 lug thing came up. Who knows, maybe I'll make it to print twice this year. Jason at Diesel power was pretty cool, he even sent me an e-mail a few weeks later letting me know that my tires may have been recalled. Luckily mine weren't on the list, but I appreciated the effort.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Congratulations, I was looking at that too, but I've got too much work to do to mine first... Eighteen years in the north has started to take it's toll on the old girl. When the issue comes out I'll have to pick one up.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I submitted to diesel power as well, I was planning on it when the 8 lug thing came up. Who knows, maybe I'll make it to print twice this year. Jason at Diesel power was pretty cool, he even sent me an e-mail a few weeks later letting me know that my tires may have been recalled. Luckily mine weren't on the list, but I appreciated the effort.

Ehhh,I dumped that rag of a magazine.Wasn't worth the paper it is printed on.All advertising and not enough quality content and the last straw was Large space ads for *** **** videos and all huge ads for "Fix a Flat" to go with it.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ehhh,I dumped that rag of a magazine.Wasn't worth the paper it is printed on.All advertising and not enough quality content and the last straw was Large space ads for *** **** videos and all huge ads for "Fix a Flat" to go with it.

I was never really a fan of 8 lug either, diesel power is still the best.

I also read diesel world from time to time if the cover catches my eye.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
It will be the june issue.

I have a subscription to DP, never noticed the **** ads though. They still have a lot of other ads but I feel it's fewer than when they first started. I still get a lot of info from it, I really like the historicle articles towards the back. I've checked out a few issues of 8 lug, it's got more show only trucks, but hey, it's a magazine with my truck in it so I'm excited regardless.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score

It will be the june issue.

I have a subscription to DP, never noticed the **** ads though. They still have a lot of other ads but I feel it's fewer than when they first started. I still get a lot of info from it, I really like the historicle articles towards the back. I've checked out a few issues of 8 lug, it's got more show only trucks, but hey, it's a magazine with my truck in it so I'm excited regardless.

great..... now you got him looking through all the issues he has for the **** ads, so much for getting any more updates!!!! :rotflmao:rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle