idi hid conversion

sootman73

Reaction score
yea i do have high and low beams but its really not worth the extra price to get the high low beams. i usually just run with the high beams on because they are a little farther out and are in the center of the road more. if i did it again i would just buy the single beams.

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that was a great article and he had quite a few more. Definitely changed my mind about HID's. Of course my wife hates them anyways LOL

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just purchased some REAL hi and lo beam 10k hids and i can see 700x better than them ****** regular bulbs i paid 165.00 tho i will never own a regular bulb again

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
makes sense that since you are changing the lighting source that it would require a different housing/reflector. So that brings to the table... Does anyone make a new HID housing for these older rigs? Seems to me that would be best way to go. I know when I was in a rental last fall that had the HID lights it was amazing how well they worked and folks were not flashing at me as I was running around at night, even on the backroads.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
makes sense that since you are changing the lighting source that it would require a different housing/reflector. So that brings to the table... Does anyone make a new HID housing for these older rigs? Seems to me that would be best way to go. I know when I was in a rental last fall that had the HID lights it was amazing how well they worked and folks were not flashing at me as I was running around at night, even on the backroads.
I don't think anyone does :( someone makes a "clear" lens setup for the OBS trucks...something like this, although from the pics, it seems like there aren't any prisms in the lens, so I have a feeling there will still be legal/blinding issues. I have yet to see ANYTHING for a brick-nose truck :( I would kill for a set of E-code H4 lenses for a brick-nose!

I agree with you that it'd be nice to get a complete HID housing...contrary to what some might think LOL I'm not completely against the HID technology; I just don't like being blinded when it's mis-applied -cuss we have a couple of Escalades at work with factory HID lights and it really is nice ;Sweet and, although they meet DOT requirements, the lens setup is still a European style :thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
holy snickies Ben... those look good.... I do see some halo effect but I don't think it's bad in your application...

Again which one of those kits did you get?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Are those really HID's? ...I ask because the bulbs pictured look more like blue-tinted halogen bulbs? :dunno

it's just the color of the bulb, it's a housing with the correct cut that converts it to use the H4 HID bulb

some good info on the bulb itself:

http://www.h4bulb.com/

note in the picture in the link site, it shows a good view of the way the filament is in the HID bulbs