IDI Head Studs

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were fixing to find out. I am about to run 20psi on my 7.3 when its said and done. Sure its allot of force on the mains and rods, but it still only turns 3000rpm. If it makes 400hp I would die of a heart attack. The 7.3 block is made out of a stronger cast then a normal block as well as the mains. The parts don't seem massive but I can tell you they are strong. When I had it balanced the machinist was calling me complaining about the rods that they were heavier than a john deer inline 6 he did and that they were so hard he wasted 3 grinding stones grinding them just a bit to balance them. I really do think the bottom end will hold. What are the high powered powerjoke guys doing for there bottom end and at what power do they add stuff like that?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were fixing to find out. I am about to run 20psi on my 7.3 when its said and done. Sure its allot of force on the mains and rods, but it still only turns 3000rpm. If it makes 400hp I would die of a heart attack. The 7.3 block is made out of a stronger cast then a normal block as well as the mains. The parts don't seem massive but I can tell you they are strong. When I had it balanced the machinist was calling me complaining about the rods that they were heavier than a john deer inline 6 he did and that they were so hard he wasted 3 grinding stones grinding them just a bit to balance them. I really do think the bottom end will hold. What are the high powered powerjoke guys doing for there bottom end and at what power do they add stuff like that?

Uh 20 PSI...What are u using for a turbo? Have you got those special gaskets you spoke of? What about "O" ringing the block did you get that done?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

T444E (PSD)gets a girdle like that 6.5. Recomended at 400+ hp.:D

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well crap. The place here in town cannot after all do the pull test. I am upset and don't know who to call. No one seems to know anything about a place that can do this. I even had one guy tell me that there wasn't any place in the US that could do it, I know he was full of BS but still what a confidence booster. I am going to talk to the engineering department and see if we have anything here at the university.

RedTruck

Reaction score
I don't know where you are located, but I know for a fact that the South Dakota School Of Mines has one of said devices. I remember seeing it when I was checking out their engineering department.

This came up in a google search

Good luck,

Paul