I want another IDI.....help!!!!!!

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think they are turning them down below stock, I think they previously turned the pumps up and EGT's were too high so they turned it down again. Maybe not, just guessing.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I can keep my eye out for one that fits your wants. There are a few for sale back home right now, mine included (sale pending as I type this).

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenneth, how much do you want for your truck if the sale does not go through?

thanks

but still I think there was just not enough fuel getting into the combustion chamber.. and any little thing that might have been there it was already burnded up just from the heat and pressure in the cylinder but it still wasnt enough to start it......

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take out a loan from a bank....as long as you have a job and credit you can usually take out a loan just make sure to tell them what its for

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It does not take much fuel to get the engine to fire off.

I hear our engines burn about 1-2 gallons of fuel an hour idling? something like that.

Take 2 gallons, thats 256 ounces per hour. Or 4.26 ounces per minute, or .071 ounces per second. Thats for all 8 cylinders per second, idling, let alone cranking speed is half that.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does not take much fuel to get the engine to fire off.

I hear our engines burn about 1-2 gallons of fuel an hour idling? something like that.

Take 2 gallons, thats 256 ounces per hour. Or 4.26 ounces per minute, or .071 ounces per second. Thats for all 8 cylinders per second, idling, let alone cranking speed is half that.

either way ITS GONE!!! but i still miss it... im thinking about the next vehicle i wanna get... but i still want a project truck jsut for fun.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new 6.7l diesel isnt made by navistar its made in house by ford ford and international are goin seperate ways in the light duty truck section i think it should be a great motor after all its made by ford lol:sly

that sucks cuz Navistar formerly IH made some kick ass engines but iwonder if they are any good tho? I know ford has some knowledge in Diesel's because over in the UK the Rangers have a 4 or 6 Cylinder Diesel engine made by ford?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Puzzleing

I dont think they are turning them down below stock, I think they previously turned the pumps up and EGT's were too high so they turned it down again. Maybe not, just guessing.

Possibility.. it still puzzles me tho? because I wish I could have figured out why it didnt run..... anyone got a beat to hell 6.9 or 7.3 in TN that still runs?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Possibility.. it still puzzles me tho? because I wish I could have figured out why it didnt run..... anyone got a beat to hell 6.9 or 7.3 in TN that still runs?

if you would have told me you wanted one a while back i could have sold you a damn good one with just a 100000 miles on it, but its now my buddys he came with 1200 in his hand and i couldnt say no so its now his