Hurricane!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
curious on the jersey guys.... how they are doing. we are getting hammered here hard. and to top it off, TORNADOS! 1 has touched down near vineland NJ, and my entire area including philly are in warnings. we havent even got the hard stuff yet.

just so you guys know, i am only 45 mins north of philly, and 2 hrs from the shore.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am one mile from the shore, I think the we are gonna get the eye...

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
The reason I asked was that I work at Altec building High Lines thru the winters up here.

They seem to be trying to build a very high quality, safe unit.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Did you guys save me any Hurricane? It's due to hit here today/tonight. Got all the toys packed away in the garage (lawn tractor, dirt bike, big tractor and put a couple barriers up to prevent the freshly landscaped back yard from washing into the big pond...

Gotta sharpen the axes and chainsaw tonight, goin for fuel in BOTH vehicles, as well as filling any fuel can I can find for the tractor, generator, bike, chainsaw...

Now, I just gotta get a pack of triple a batteries for the cat and we'll be set.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Did you guys save me any Hurricane? It's due to hit here today/tonight. Got all the toys packed away in the garage (lawn tractor, dirt bike, big tractor and put a couple barriers up to prevent the freshly landscaped back yard from washing into the big pond...

Gotta sharpen the axes and chainsaw tonight, goin for fuel in BOTH vehicles, as well as filling any fuel can I can find for the tractor, generator, bike, chainsaw...

Now, I just gotta get a pack of triple a batteries for the cat and we'll be set.

You live on the bay ? Awsome. Clams & Lobster huh?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score

That Darn Cat.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i been gettin a little wind and alot of rain all morning.the wind is starting to get stronger now.figures,get all paranoid and ready for nothing

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made it through fine. My neighbor is from Jamaica and the days leading up he was impressive. He went on his roof and secured all his flashing. He had his kids in the trees trimming weak branches. He obviously stores fuel (I see glimpses of drums in his garage and he always has cans). If anyone knows how to prepare it will be him haha. The neighborhood had one downed tree.

My brother lives in Bound Brook, and his house will be under. The town's flooded and the river hasn't even crested yet. On my way over there soon to help, maybe all we can do is be there for him and his wife. She takes it really bad when it floods.

I put the hard top back on my pig. Now have to haul out that horrendously heavy third row seat. I hope this rig is ok in puddles :/ I will also have my dad bringing my lifted truck. I don't trust my man in my trucks in big puddles, or mud, or snow, or pavement (hee hee). I will have to ease him up to that.

This is my first storm living inland, and I feel silly for all the prep I did. Filled all four cars with fuel, enough food to feed my immediate family for a week. Box of 100 candles. Bathtubs full of water. Kick ass new camping grill on front porch ready to go. Tons of plastic sheeting and staple guns. Brought all the plants in (man's house has no yard so our garden is grown in pots). Even got life jackets for the dogs as well as flashing LED collars.

Hoping everyone made it ok. Sorry about Canada, looks like unless it repowers in Mass, you guys will just get our sloppy seconds hahahahahhahahahah

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Yea, she jus started raining here about an hour ago....coming down in sheets...but it sure is coming down!!! I planned ahead and worked yesterday so I can take monday off and not miss any hours. All the diesel cans are full, bike is FULL of gas, all teh gas cans are full, chain saw is sharpened, and the vehicles are full of fuel....was going to pull the pickup in the garage and put another GP controller and relay setup on it, but it is full....tractor is in there, and for some reason my brother put his car in there......199? elantra that is falling apart anyways......so I am stuck using the white death to fire her up until further notice....maybe tomorrow?

If anyone here has lost personal property due to the strom, it may very well wash up here....I just need a return address...I will pay all shippinbg...j/k,. But if anyone is suffering from this storm...I am sorry for your loss. Danielle, I hope you guys get your brother's house all cleaned up and straightened away. If I learned ONE thing, a Ford pickup is NOT afraid to work!!!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
neither are Ford Cars.

Went and took the waverunners out today. Pulled a GMC Arcadia out of the drink with the good ole Crown Vic. (its alot easier to launch skis with it than the truck.

Now time to wash the skis down.
Sunny here with a high of 94.