Howdy

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Sweet... Is this the rare reverse gravity model for 1988 i've heard about? LOL

edit: false alarm folks, it's one of those imposter models that pretends it's anti gravity enabled! :sly

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a corrected image for you

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck looks like one I was looking at this summer! I would have sworn it was, but it was in North Central WI and that would have been a haul to pick up a truck with no engine. And there was a little more rust, but a truck that I really loved! It looks awesome, Sir!

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
more later

yes, it is a transplant, the truck is a 88, had a 460 gasser in it.cookoo

I'm starting to look at the wiring, lots of extra stuff.

some minor issues, like the trans won't shift to 3rd until it hits 33Mph and no shift down till 25, no change where the go peddle gets pushed.
I'm not familiar with auto's so any help will be appreciated

I was told that there are 5 clutch plates instead of 3 inside the trans, for all the gears.

No OD that I know of, but I found a little lever on the trans next to the one that shifts the trans, it's not hooked to anything:confused:

LCjeff

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it is a transplant, the truck is a 88, had a 460 gasser in it.cookoo

I'm starting to look at the wiring, lots of extra stuff.

some minor issues, like the trans won't shift to 3rd until it hits 33Mph and no shift down till 25, no change where the go peddle gets pushed.
I'm not familiar with auto's so any help will be appreciated

I was told that there are 5 clutch plates instead of 3 inside the trans, for all the gears.

No OD that I know of, but I found a little lever on the trans next to the one that shifts the trans, it's not hooked to anything:confused:

LCjeff

Yup that's where the kick down attaches to. I happen to know a guy that has extras... If you can't find a local one.

The shift thing is the VRV adjustment. 33 is actually kinda low in my opinion. I like mine to hit 3rd at 45.

And the clutch thing can be true. My last c6 build had more clutches in it. Had another grove cut toward the top of the drum to hold more

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
Yup that's where the kick down attaches to. I happen to know a guy that has extras... If you can't find a local one.

The shift thing is the VRV adjustment. 33 is actually kinda low in my opinion. I like mine to hit 3rd at 45.

And the clutch thing can be true. My last c6 build had more clutches in it. Had another grove cut toward the top of the drum to hold more
)

So, how does that kickdown operate? Cable or solid connection?

There is I rubber hose that is connected near the kickdown, where does that go normally
Mine goes 5' and is not connected to any thing else?

I agree 33mph is early for aggressive shifting to 3rd.

Lcjeff

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kick down is a solid tube that runs from the injection pump to that arm behind the shift lever.

As for that hose, the only one on that transmission is from the modulator all the way on the back passenger side to the vacuum regulator valve on the injection pump.

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
ok I found the hose and metal tube that goes from the throttle to the trans,

but there is another hose coming from the area near the 4x4 shifter area of the trans that is not hooked to anything :confused:

Any help with the kickdown device (pics or descriptions) will be appreciated. :hail

Lcjeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online