How about an "Other" or "Political" Forum?

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Something wide open for public and open discussion about Politics and just about anything?

Also, could it be at the top too :D

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Isn't that the reason Battlegrounds was created?;)

IMVHO, the lounge and BG need to stay down the list.
Visitors need to see the truck sections first. {last time I checked, PHERD:cool was at the top:shoot: }

I kinda like the option of having the top truck spot float, according to tech thread responses:D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO the Lounge is open for political discussions as well, BUT and a very big BUT, if the topic you feel the need to discuss is going to generate heated arguments then by all means start the thread in The Battle Grounds.

And asking for The Lounge and BG to be at the top of the forums here is like asking Lester for "Other" to top the forums over at TDS.

kbeaubs

Putz Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Woohooo !!!!

Mike's gonna put the lounge nearer the top !!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks Mike.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by Super_Duty_John
Something wide open for public and open discussion about Politics and just about anything?

Also, could it be at the top too :D

Not NO but HECK NO :D :D :D :D

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker

And asking for The Lounge and BG to be at the top of the forums here is like asking Lester for "Other" to top the forums over at TDS.

I always thought you looked & smelt a lot like Janson & now you're acting like him:eek: LOL LOL :angel: :angel:

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat
I always thought you looked & smelt a lot like Janson & now you're acting like him:eek: LOL LOL :angel: :angel:

JJ, I'm seriously considering taking the Al Bundy avatar, will that cause problems?
I don't have the computer savvy to do anything else and, I love Al Bundy.

I'm guessing it's a short term thing for you ;):angel:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: How about an "Other" or "Political" Forum?

Originally posted by Super_Duty_John
Why?

Ummmmm, lets try this on for size.

We dont discuss particular moderations in public here:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

:sorry: but you knew that one was (and will again) going to bite you in the hind end here.:D

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: How about an "Other" or "Political" Forum?

Ummmmm, lets try this on for size.

We dont discuss particular moderations in public here:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

:sorry: but you knew that one was (and will again) going to bite you in the hind end here.:D

I didn't make that rule and never enforced it. I complain about it also so....why?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this stage of the fun and games I am not sure what you are asking why to?

Why dont we have an "Other" or "political" forum. Thats been answered, we do and they are The Lounge for non volatile talk and The Battle Grounds for heavier subjects.

Why cant it be at the top? Because contrary to popular belief this site is first and foremost a tech forum for diesel enthusiasts. The Big Three occupy the top slots just below Announcements and Suggestions and Events (sorta like TDS). The Big three are rotational, meaning which ever of the forums has the most traffic then that particular forum holds top slot among the truck forums. Right now the Ford forums are holding that spot. If and when Dodge or Chevy gets more traffic then they might and can overtake the top slot again. The non-diesel related subjects will always take a lower position on the polls here for as long as I have anything to say about it.

Does that sufficiently answer your question?

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Because contrary to popular belief this site is first and foremost a tech forum for diesel enthusiasts. The Big Three occupy the top slots just below Announcements and Suggestions and Events (sorta like TDS). The Big three are rotational, meaning which ever of the forums has the most traffic then that particular forum holds top slot among the truck forums. Right now the Ford forums are holding that spot. If and when Dodge or Chevy gets more traffic then they might and can overtake the top slot again. The non-diesel related subjects will always take a lower position on the polls here for as long as I have anything to say about it.
:Thumbs Up :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wanderer

Obtuse Degenerate
Reaction score
Why not just start a topic discussing the Republican/Liberal parties John, or how about some jokes about the Hillarabeast. Social Security seems to be the hot topic to discuss lately. If you start it in the Battlegrounds, it could get interesting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.