holley blue + regulator= results

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I guess I must be one... I 've got a number of vehicles buried under the foliage out back :D

LOL Out on our property, way off the beaten path down in a little gulley there are like 2 30's era Fords. I have no idea how they got to that place cause it was thick with tree's/brush.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
would you all be interested in letting one go? my fiance wants to put a 383 stroker in an EARLY ford coupe or truck. She wants me to help her build up the motor and add boost. If we can get it all together like we want it will be really sick. I would be happy to go and yank one outta the weeds and see whats usable.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
would you all be interested in letting one go? my fiance wants to put a 383 stroker in an EARLY ford coupe or truck. She wants me to help her build up the motor and add boost. If we can get it all together like we want it will be really sick. I would be happy to go and yank one outta the weeds and see whats usable.

Well first off I would have to go and make sure they are what I said they were LOL. Might take some pics just to make sure :D. But yeah, I have no problem with it, cant get a truck back in there, its kinda swampy. Might need a winch and a couple chainsaw's LOL ;Sweet. But yeah, for sure.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Ok stage 1's are in. As a side note my old injectors were scribed "DPS stage 1", but they weren't. Ken must have scribed them and never gotten around to doing what he does. It looks like they just remove the "needle"--I think it's called the pintle-- from the end of the nozzle.

First impressions are:
1. Idle is quite shaky. It'll be nice when my wife is with me (picture the scene from Airplane--won't elaborate further.)
2. Boost levels didn't elevate. 18 psi as before
3. egt's didn't elevate. 650 on a 0-80 mph run.

So we'll see. I now have my pump up 4 flats and have dps stage 1's and I can't seem to go any further.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I wonder if the smaller turbo is acting as a bottleneck for the compressed air comping from the larger turbo.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Ok stage 1's are in. As a side note my old injectors were scribed "DPS stage 1", but they weren't. Ken must have scribed them and never gotten around to doing what he does. It looks like they just remove the "needle.

why does that not suprise me :rotflmao -cuss
well ive never seen a stage one but if the needle is just removed then hell i might have to find me a used set of injectors and try it out and just see if that is the case because im sure that there are people out there who could do it them selves then having to fight with the dps -cuss

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the pintle is ground off. Not removed per sey. Barney, you need to find a dyno!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would you all be interested in letting one go? my fiance wants to put a 383 stroker in an EARLY ford coupe or truck.

Please-O-Please DO NOT put a small block Chevy in a Ford. I can't tell how bad it makes my skin craw to see a SBC in a classic or antique Ford.:puke: :D

Heath

Last edited:

tractorman86

Reaction score
Please-O-Please DO NOT put a small block Chevy in a Ford. I can't tell how bad it makes my skin craw to see a SMC in a classic or antique Ford.:puke: :D

Heath

i could not agree more!!!!!
hey barney, so is that strait #2? and is it the regulator that comes with the blue pump?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

Chebby made early trucks and coupes too. 383 would look good in them.:D

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have read on other posts the DPS injectors are junk and do not spray or pop off well, why change when the stock ones can flow more than the pump can put out to begin with? Also why change for a much poorer spray pattern that leads to incomplete combustion and possibly washing down the walls on a cold start? If you need more power just get a Moose pump and an IC. BTW Mel, can you setup a Moose Pump for NO intercooler? I really don't want to tear up my front end, just maybe a timing curve change?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
From what I have read on other posts the DPS injectors are junk and do not spray or pop off well, why change when the stock ones can flow more than the pump can put out to begin with? Also why change for a much poorer spray pattern that leads to incomplete combustion and possibly washing down the walls on a cold start? If you need more power just get a Moose pump and an IC. BTW Mel, can you setup a Moose Pump for NO intercooler? I really don't want to tear up my front end, just maybe a timing curve change?

i think the best bet there would be water injection to keep the egts down