Dump deck build.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Just a few pics of the progress, hopefully it will be dumping by the end of the weekend....All that's left is to weld the hoist ears to the deck headboard and make the hinges at the rear. I have some 10,000lb d-rings to weld on the rear for the safety chains and some 20,000lb rings to weld on for "GO TIME".:D

You must be registered for see images attach

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Looking good!!! ;Sweet
The deck looks really high, might be a little harder getting stuff loaded......but not unloaded:sly

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yeah, the truck is high itself....Eventually there will be a hydraulic cherry picker on the RR to lift heavy stuff...I also have an old aluminum cube van ramp here for easy loading.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Here are some better pics from today, slowly getting there but hopefully it will be dumping by Sunday.;Sweet

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Very nice. Will you build something to cover the rear and sort of finish it off real nice?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
You should put that pusher axle from the KW on there....bolt on 4 more wheels and REALLY make the other 1 tons jealous!! LOL

The truck is REALLY coming along! How much has got to be done before it will reach for the sky?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yeah, that was on there when I bought it....I've never seen one like it before.....Looks good and makes the old pig stand out a little.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Seeing as I quit my job last Saturday (loaded up my tool box and left mid day:rotflmao) I have some time to work on the dump box.:D....First time I ever quit - felt good.:rotflmao.....I made the doors for the back today, the dump hinges I made are at the machine shop getting the holes bored in them....With any luck this will be done this weekend and ready for some paint....I tack welded the d-rings on the rear so we can finish them with the stick....I'm going to take next week off too before I go looking for a new place to wrench....I have some job offer's but I'm waiting to hear from the local D.O.T for something pensionable as I already had an interview otherwise I will probably go back to Freightliner.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the pics, just wondering why you didn't put a combination ball and pintle hook on the back, to get a 16,000 lb gross pulling rating.

Nice looking job tho, very well done. Will look sharp all painted up.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin