Dump deck build.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I got my hinges back from the machine shop yesterday, with any luck tommorow I will have pics of the deck high in the air.:sly....I'm off next week too so it will be getting some paint.;Sweet....I could get used to these "self imposed" vacations....:rotflmao

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My buddy Jim has been lead handing this job, he's been installing/fabricating dump boxes, plow gear and etc for years....It was his call to set the box where it is. He likes to have some room between the cab and box so you can grease it and work on it in peace....There is about 12-13" between the cab and box....We might mount my gas powered air compressor between the cab and box with the tank underneath on the pass side if it will fit.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I guess when you compare this deck to a normal dump box mine doesn't have the tunnel for the hoist to be recessed into the deck.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The second one, the 8 ton is what I was referring too. You can change the ball to any size needed. The side load on the receiver you have is going to be considerable, sticking out that far.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I suppose you are right but with it stuffed with 2" solid steel I think it will be ok. I installed the mudflaps today, made my door hinges and I have one door installed. I'll put the other one on tonight.;Sweet

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I suppose you are right but with it stuffed with 2" solid steel I think it will be ok. I installed the mudflaps today, made my door hinges and I have one door installed. I'll put the other one on tonight.;Sweet

The rear hitch plate is 2" thick? :shocked:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRigTech
I should have know when I looked at the pic of your ball/pintle that it was solid steel rated for 10K. Must of had a brain fart then. Sorry.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Just an update, Jim welded the large plate and hoist ears to the headboard last night so all that's left is the hinges this weekend. I have one coat of paint on the deck - looks great. Hopefully I will be painting the frame on Monday next week with the deck in the air blocking the sun.:sly

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:rock::rock::rock:

Cant wait to get my engine situation in order ( see:1st timer pulling idi turbo diesel) so I can start my dump. I am going to put cherry picker on left front of bed so the boom can stow across the bulk head but I guess your sides prevent that in this instance. Keep more pics coming, this thread is rockin'

Whats all that room for? Stacks, what else? :peelout:peelout

Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Getting closer.:sly....The toolbox and power back are installed...The PP is all hooked up and ready to go....The hinges/rear crossmembers will be done this weekend if all goes according to plan...Other than that all that is left is to finish the paint and install the rear lights.;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good;Sweet Whats up with your cab roof? Looks like a built in spoiler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online