CA to OH itinerary

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Indiana Meet-Up...

Hey! I might be in for the Indiana meet up too.... If you go up 69 to the toll road I am about 15 miles west of that area. I'd like to hook up with ya too when Darrin and Ron and the Ft. boys catch up too. If I could be in on it....?

Hoss...;Sweet

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get to a meet sometime, but I'm workin too much right now.
Sounds like in May I'm gonna have all the time I need. Maybe next time.

sootman73

Reaction score
ya i might be able to get out there too. depends on what day you'll be in town. possibility if its a wed or thurs. just gotta see if i can get my truck outta fords hands for a couple days.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
as far as i'm concerned we can have a mini rally in ft wayne or somewhere nearby. i'll leave it to darrin to pass the word along on my progress but i'd estimate, barring any problems, i'll be in ft wayne by thursday at the latest.

depending on what time i get on the road i'd like to make it to flagstaff by monday night
amarillo by tuesday night
springfield or st louis by wed night
ft wayne on thursday.

then i'll either stay in ft wayne or boogy home. so i guess i'll be home by friday if i'm lucky.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I was going to be in Los Angeles on the 7th as I need to make a trip back to Cleveland to see my folks and I would much rather drive than fly. I've done Phoenix to Cleveland three times (once straight through by myself) and long roadtrips in old rigs are way underated.

Take your time and make sure to stop and see some cool stuff along the way. God knows there's lots of cool stuff to see along the way. Be really careful choosing the time you start getting out of Los Angeles as you can spend more time in an LA exodus than driving through entire states.

Oh yeah: remember to take lots of pictures.

R. J.

crossent

Reaction score
Rob, that sounds like a really neat adventure. Your going to do something I've always wanted to do. I wouldn't worry about the mountains. Seems to me the most dangerous part of the trip will be getting out of Los Angeles! LOL Obviously your going to change the oil and check the fluids before you leave. I'd replace all the filters too, just because it would be easy and good piece of mind. Print out the BOOB contacts on your route (sorry Yuku messed up the order), and feel free to call on me if something happens and you need help. You'll be on the road for my Birthday, so be sure to get some cake for desert one night. ;)

Your right about los angeles as it can get a little nutty with traffic there.I"m just a little north and try not to venture in to much. No worries on the oil being changed as it's allready been done for him. I have extra fuel filters for the racor setup and stock, 2 sets of belts,spare hoses, new wipers, gallon of rotella,quart of atf,fire estinguisher and other goodies I have put together for his trip home.
Mike

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
yeah, Mike is THE MAN ;Sweet

couldn't ask for a better PO:thumbsup: thanks for the goodie pack Mike.

turns out i might not have AC for the ride home, Mike has gone above and beyond to try to remedy that but with the schedule i have i may just have to install the new condenser myself. i promised my brother i'd help him move chairs for his wedding with the truck and the part won't be in in time.

no big deal, the forecast for the ride home is calling for 60s and 70s.

i'm still on the fence on what route to take, i have people on both sides trying to convince me. some say 70 is the way to go because it's a truck route and smoother. others say the southern route is better. i guess i won't know till i leave CA what i'll do.

my flight leaves out of Akron/Canton airport early thrsday morning, like 5 or 6 am. i arrive at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana around 9:45 am CA time. i'm going straight from the airport via rental car to pick up the truck. i will then attend to my brother until that's done with, then i will return to Mikes on monday to pick up the "parts pallet". from there i will head east.

sootman73

Reaction score
keep us posted as much as you can as to where you are and when you'll be passin by! good luck. wish i could head out to california and see the sights as i drove through the country! someday...someday.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Rob, Like I said you can call and give me a daily update and I will post it.

Once you are getting close we will see if we can meet up with you in Northern IN and who will be avaliable. I can usually get away pretty easy.

Talk to you later,..

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
You don't need no stinkin A/C. I drove from Utah to Arkansas in June without it and was fine.