90cc or 110cc injection pump for a 6.9idi

Captain Spaulding

Reaction score
Hey guys, I want some opinions on which pump to put on my 6.9idi. I was taking to Joe over at CDD and he said a 110 is at the limit, but still safe. Justin at R&D said it was too much. I’m looking for some real world experience. I don't plan to tow with the truck, just haul camping gear and the occasional heavy loads and hot rod it around town. The goal is a reliable truck that I can hop in and drive 500 miles without worry. I will have gauges to monitor the EGTs, boost, coolant temp and oil pressure. Here are the planned mods/parts purchased to used in conjunction with the high output pump:

-CDD stage 1 injectors
-CDD stage 1 turbo (non intercooled)
-4” CA intake
-4” straight pipe
-ARP head studs

Thanks

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have no real world experience here, but my opinion is that since you're not trying for big power and you're not planning to use an intercooler, stick with the 90CC pump. Reliability says that less fuel will give you fewer problems in a wider variety of situations.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no real world experience here, but my opinion is that since you're not trying for big power and you're not planning to use an intercooler, stick with the 90CC pump. Reliability says that less fuel will give you fewer problems in a wider variety of situations.
I agree. 90 is plenty for anything short of wild. Sounds optimal for your setup

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m rockin a 90cc non intercooled with an ats 085 turbo and I can see 1k egts when I’m going balls to the wall, that’s all I want to see unloaded personally I just feel a 110 will be out of control in that department although maybe a bigger turbo = lower egts?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first idi was an 88, 7.3. Banks non gatedc6 4:10

junior moose (? 110cc ?)
Egt was insane.
6.9 with a mild build....90

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all the work and money you're already spending, do the aftercooler. They are worth it, best mod besides a turbo, and have about zero upkeep. Same boost but more power! :Thumbs Up
And I agree that if reliability is the goal, 110 is probably asking for trouble. You likely will never have any trouble, but it adds the potential. It's not surprising that you got different answers from different vendors, cause it's kind of a grey area.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
110, drive it like it's got the 90. Price is almost the same, might kick yourself later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online