Is this a 6.9 injection pump?

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a truck, and it came with some engines and an injection pump. I'm trying to figure out if it's potentially a core for a rebuild. It has a rebuilder's nameplate on it, and the model is given as DB2-4369. From the last 4 digits I'm guessing it's from a 6.9. That's sensible because the truck and the excess engines were all 6.9. Can anyone look at the attached picture and confirm or deny that's what I have?
You must be registered for see images attach

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the conclusion I came to, also: probably-maybe.

I gather they used the 0,29 plungers instead of the 0.31, so Wes doesn't want them for hot-rodding. Too bad, I was hoping I could sell it to him. I'll probably try to get it rebuilt and stick it in a second string truck someday.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, "the truck" I mention above is a nasty, rusty old '83 F250 flatbed I gave to my youngest, because it runs and she absolutely, positively HAD to have a truck. She was looking at $20k newer gassers. Giving her this scratched that itch, so I saved her $20K. She may actually use it: she's put it on insurance and started driving it.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Moose diesel will use it as a core. I sent them a 6.9 core when I ordered a 7.3 stock pump. I did call and ask first, they didn't mind.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moose diesel will use it as a core. I sent them a 6.9 core when I ordered a 7.3 stock pump. I did call and ask first, they didn't mind.
Sent my 6.9 pump in to Moose as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.