CA to OH itinerary

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
well Sam's route is one i have not done yet. i have done 70 and 80 so maybe i will try 40. thanks Sam :)

Darrin i may do that. the only internet i will have on the trip is if i find a library along the way. it would be fun to meet up in Ft Wayne. i would probably be in the neighborhood thursday or friday.;Sweet

weird that it's only 13 miles more than the mapquest route.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
They are right-(Sam & Tonka) when U come through OK either way you go you will pass less then 45 ,inutes frome.Plenty of tools and Frieght train has some parts at my place if you need them. ;Sweet :rotflmao :rotflmao They will be cheap-:angel: :rotflmao
I'll pm my phone #.I used Streets a trips for years-much betteren Mapquest.

Last edited:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
it look like if i pick up I-69 in Indy i can hit Ft Wayne for a visit then hit US 30 and US 224 to get back to I-71. anyone run 224 across Ohio? is it all stop-and-go or can i make decent time?

sootman73

Reaction score
since you are going up into the cleveland area i dont think you would wanna go south again just to get 71. i have taken 24 from fort wayne through napoleon. you can grab st rt 6 in napoleon and find the toll road again in fremont. then follow your mapquest again from there. neither roads are stop and go. 55-65 mph on 24 and 6 though. fastest would be to take 69 north to the toll road and take that across ohio.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it look like if i pick up I-69 in Indy i can hit Ft Wayne for a visit then hit US 30 and US 224 to get back to I-71. anyone run 224 across Ohio? is it all stop-and-go or can i make decent time?

Take US-30 all the way across to mansfield, OH and pick up I-71 there, it's a lot faster... It'll save you about an hour and a half.

224 is 2 lane all the way across, US-30 is 4 lane for all but about 20 miles and like interstate most of the way.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just remember , to paraphrase that famous line from the Cannonball run, " so far as we know, no state has the death penalty for exceeding the 55mph speed limit...but we're not sure about Ohio"
Truer words have never been spoken :rotflmao

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Rob, :sorry: I can't give you any route info but take whichever route is gonna be easiest on both you and the truck so you both get back in one piece ;Sweet

Enjoy the scenery and the view from your new truck :thumbsup:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob, that sounds like a really neat adventure. Your going to do something I've always wanted to do. I wouldn't worry about the mountains. Seems to me the most dangerous part of the trip will be getting out of Los Angeles! LOL Obviously your going to change the oil and check the fluids before you leave. I'd replace all the filters too, just because it would be easy and good piece of mind. Print out the BOOB contacts on your route (sorry Yuku messed up the order), and feel free to call on me if something happens and you need help. You'll be on the road for my Birthday, so be sure to get some cake for desert one night. ;)

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i think i will try the southern route. i've never see that part of the country, except for driving thru Flagstaff once on the way to the Grand Canyon.

flatter ground should equate to the best possible MPG as well.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have used I-40 many times. Its a better road for travel in my opnnion. You will need to cross the Contentinal Devide but thats no big deal. When you reach Gallup New Mexico just past there you will find the biggest fuel stop in the U.S.A.. Its called The Giant and is on the drivers side of the freeway as your traveling East. Its about 25 miles past Gallup. They have a big refinery just up behind the station. Gallup has the best shopping for tercoise jellery anywhere. I-15 has one big pass about 55 miles from L.A. but its easy. Then as you are getting close to Needles you will be climbing but when you reach the pass its down hill fast for about 40 miles till you cross into AZ. I usually stop at Kingman AZ for my first fuel stop. Then I can make it to Gallup but you really need to be getting good fuel milegae to make it that far. As you are going thru Texas you will see billboards about the largest steak and if you eat it al with trimming in 1 hour its free. I think its 72 or 74 ozs... Some have done it... Without barfing.... Do have a good trip. When I travel this route I'm hauling horses and I make Oklahoma City in 22 hours driving straight thru. Usually two drivers, the wife *** I. Sure, I do about 80% of it but she does help....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online