Big Ed's Extreme Truck Makeover!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Job Darrin!

I need an green envy smiley ...just doing the small--in comparasion--things to my truck ie; gauges,elec fans etc... and the pleasure I get from "tinkering" , but due to my daily need for the truck -read= moneymaker-
I will just have to live thru what guys like you, Ron etc... are able to accomplish

Keep up the great work!

Thanks Geo, I appreciate it. One line that hits me hard is the "
pleasure that I get from Tinkering" I totally agree. :D I remember about 7 years ago tinkering in the garage for the day and saying to Lori I wish I could get paid for this,.. Now that I have the car lot, I sort of do. I really enjoy it.

One thing that Mel said in one of his post as far as what he has accomplished with the Moose truck, He has owned the truck since it has been new, that is hard to say for the rest of us. When you have that kind of time with a truck you can get a lot done with it.

Originally Posted by IDIeselman
I second that Ron! Darrin, If you try to wait untill the meet you will propobly explode.

Yah and we will too!!! Some of us won't be able to make it this year!! Go ahead and post pics!!!
Today 06:48 AM

Yes I will probablly explode, pretty shure I couldn't wait till the rally,...so I will be putting togehter a video with pics soon for the reveal. Hope to have it done within 2 weeks..

Tomorrow I plan on installing the bed accesseries, new diamond plate, and other doodads, then start on the front bumper grill etc. Well see what I can get done..

Later

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I'll do my best chanting...

grr grrr gggrrrr - ok throat is clear...

MAKE 'EM WAIT
MAKE 'EM WAIT
MAKE 'EM WAIT

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ok everybody, ...SIng it with me in your best Willly Nelson voice,...

On the roada again,......(da da da - da)
Just cant believe that I'm on the road again,...(da da da - da)
The life I love is makin black smoke with my friends,.
And I can't believe that I'm on the road again,....!

That's right, After 8 months (hard to believe that I am that paitent) Big ED's Extreme Truck Makeover is now complete and we will be taking the madien voyage this afternoon. We are taking it to my cousin's wedding, he is a gear head and we have a lot of friends and family in from out of town so it should be a good time.

Tony and I are working on the Reveal Video and hope to have that done in the next couple of days, sorry no pics till the video,..Hee Hee

Gotta go for now.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Take pity on us westerners, Darrin. We want to see what you ended up with, too. The pics look great. I'm afraid here in the Idaho Rockies I'd be scared spitless to take your rig hunting and fly fishing.:eek: Having the truck look nice is a good feeling. I can relate when I had The Hulk done. Don't keep us waiting too long. Hope Big Ed doesn't show up the bride at the wedding today!LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Ok everybody, ...SIng it with me in your best Willly Nelson voice,...

On the roada again,......(da da da - da)
Just cant believe that I'm on the road again,...(da da da - da)
The life I love is makin black smoke with my friends,.
And I can't believe that I'm on the road again,....!

WOOHOO! Glad to hear Darrin.

See shutting the office down did the trick huh?LOL

Just don't tell Lori.:eek: Just kiddin'

Good to hear that ya finally got it done.:thumbsup:

Wanna do another??? Hmmmm?:D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Wanna do another??? Hmmmm?

um,, Not quite yet,. but thanks..:D

I got to ride the truck hard today and give it a good shake down run. I put about 200 miles on it towing a 82 Jeep Wagoneer on a flat bed trailer. It ran out great, and seemed to run a lot cooler than I remembered from last year. So far so good..

The Reveal Video is being completed as we speek, My son Tony and I shot the footage today, and I got him the pics that I want added and he is putting it together for me. He says that is should be done tomorrow and well get it posted.

Any suggestions for hosting sites,...?

If you have a slow internet connection and just want to see pics let me know and I will post them as well.

That's it for now.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I got to ride the truck hard today and give it a good shake down run. I put about 200 miles on it towing a 82 Jeep Wagoneer on a flat bed trailer. It ran out great, and seemed to run a lot cooler than I remembered from last year. So far so good..

If you have a slow internet connection and just want to see pics let me know and I will post them as well.

That's it for now.

uh...YUP :D .... on both counts LOL .....

{hell...just snap some pics...have them developed at Walgreens and snail mail them.......prolly the same time frame ...hehehehe}

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
um,, Not quite yet,. but thanks..:D

Party Pooper.
There's only 8 weeks till the rally according to Mel.:D
Plenty of time to do another.:rolleyes:

Good to see you finally blew the cobwebs out of the exhaust.

geonc said:
uh...YUP .... on both counts .....

Yup!;Sweet

Darrin, Photobucket does work good. for the video schtuff!

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as Dogherder said it's only 8 weeks... make 'em wait...

:backoff :backoff :shoot: :fight: :idiot: :kick: -Flame Thr :Banned ;Poke :flipa This is the last time I'm gonna tell yah Travis!! Stay out of it!! ;p

Don't listen to him Darrin he's cookoo !! Post the video! We can't wait!!! :D LOL Some of us won't be able to make it to the meet!!! Pleeeaaaasssseeee! :D